• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Randy Mueller: The definitive analysis/interview re: the Deshaun Watson situation.

SizzleBuzz

I mean this “make him play” poo is dumb. If he REALLY wants no part of it and they are forcing him to play (which seems ridiculous) then all he has to do is start throwing picks or fumbling snaps. I mean come on. They can’t MAKE him play a sport. If the legal poo dies down he may decide it’s in HIS best interest to play and play well. That however is a different story….

OP has a weird fetish involving rich owners forcing players to perform. It’s a dying formula… GB tried that with Rodgers and had to have an emergency meeting with stakeholders, rework his contract (where now they may get NOTHING for him next year) and have him involved in franchise decisions like bringing in Cobb. Julio just asked for a trade and got it. Watt just asked to be released and was. Teams don’t want players on their roster who don’t want to be there. It terrible for the team morale and the locker room. Houston is holding their cards close hoping the legal poo gets settled so they can get a king’s random for Watson. It’s not a terrible decision really…

17 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

They can’t MAKE him play a sport. 

Of course they can't make him play.

They can however force him to make a decision on whether or not he wants to collect the monies involved in that massive $150M+ contract...

...everything in life involves tradeoffs -- no play, no pay.

If he's so determined to never play for the Texans again why did he show up for camp?

Edited by SizzleBuzz

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

They can however force him to make a decision on whether or not he wants to collect the monies involved in that massive $150M+ contract...

And what if he fumbles every snap?

Edited by ForJimmy

19 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

If he's so determined to never play for the Texans again why did he show up for camp?

Has he even practiced with the team this off season?

As i said before im not ruling anything out, a lot hindges on how darnold does. If he stinks it up with a legit supporting cast around him Tepper is gonna start throwing those brass balls around. Doesnt matter what anybody else thinks, he wants the team winning as soon possible and that would be strike 2 on rhule camp fumbling the qb situation. There won't be a third. If you don't want watson here, you better hope darnold fixes his issuses fast and someone else trades for watson before then. Unless any of those things happen he will continue to be linked here.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Tbe said:

Right, but the reports I’ve seen have him showing up but not actually practicing. 

https://texanswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/25/texans-training-camp-practice-deshaun-watson/

He's on the 53-man roster and available to play.  

In fact, he's obligated to play if he wants to collect on the $150M++ of funds specified in his contract...

...I doubt the Texans want to pay him $30 million to stand around on the sidelines --- because make no mistake about   it...

...he is an active member of the 53-man final roster.  

Let me put it another way, what team would stall for 9-months and then spring it on everyone they expect Mr. Whip It Out to play?!?

Nobody but the Texans right?!?

6 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

As i said before im not ruling anything out, a lot hindges on how darnold does. If he stinks it up with a legit supporting cast around him Tepper is gonna start throwing those brass balls around. Doesnt matter what anybody else thinks, he wants the team winning as soon possible and that would be strike 2 on rhule camp fumbling the qb situation. There won't be a third. If you don't want watson here, you better hope darnold fixes his issuses fast and someone else trades for watson before then. Unless any of those things happen he will continue to be linked here.

#truth

13 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

3.  If Deshaun wants to get paid this year he's going to have to play.

I don't see him playing. He hasn't even been practicing to my knowledge.

Texans are paying him to be on the roster. Right now it's part of the 53, but it could be on an exempt list at some future point in the season. Basically, they are paying millions this season for future 1st round draft picks.