• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Big Surprise on our depth chart

GRWatcher

44 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

neither are DJ and Christian.

Shi's draft profile:

Analysis: Smith was a shining light in what was a dreary 2020 season for South Carolina. He’s a sure-handed receiver with outstanding quickness and toughness as well as a head for the game. Smith possesses the ability to line up as a third receiver who can be used in the slot, returning punts, or running reverses.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/shi-smith-nfl-draft-player-profile-south-carolina-wide-receiver/

I did finally find stats that show he never returned punts in Columbia, and you are right, KR and PR are two different things. 

I'd rather go get someone than have 5 TEs on the roster and our two best offensive weapons getting more wear and tear.

CMC and DJ Moore have returned punts in the NFL.   

Both returned some in college too.  

so by default, they just listed guys on the roster who have IMO.   I don’t think it means anything.  

I think they will likely throw someone to the wolves that has been working on it in camp if I had to guess.  Which I hate.  Because PR is a weird thing.   Especially in a real game.  I don’t even care about return yards.   Just want it fielded cleanly. 

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

CMC and DJ Moore have returned punts in the NFL.   

Both returned some in college too.  

so by default, they just listed guys on the roster who have IMO.   I don’t think it means anything.  

I think they will likely throw someone to the wolves that has been working on it in camp if I had to guess.  Which I hate.  Because PR is a weird thing.   Especially in a real game.  I don’t even care about return yards.   Just want it fielded cleanly. 

yeah it's officially an unofficial chart.  I have no idea what kind of punters we're facing in the first 3 or 4 weeks, so here's hoping they kick the crap out of the ball and DJ/CMC just fair catch.

will admit though, it is fun to think about Christian catching the ball with 10 yards open space to work with.  Also pretty sure Rhule's focus on downfield blocking in all aspects of the game might not make this as dangerous as past regimes.  Might.

11 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

yeah it's officially an unofficial chart.  I have no idea what kind of punters we're facing in the first 3 or 4 weeks, so here's hoping they kick the crap out of the ball and DJ/CMC just fair catch.

will admit though, it is fun to think about Christian catching the ball with 10 yards open space to work with.  Also pretty sure Rhule's focus on downfield blocking in all aspects of the game might not make this as dangerous as past regimes.  Might.

I think there is a 0% chance CMC does it.  His load is going to be too crazy as is.  Maybe DJ if they have zero faith in anyone else. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Speaking of depth chart surprises...

Bell goes to the practice squad while the Ravens add former Panther Trenton Cannon to their main roster.

Just a few years ago people were talking about Bell like he was the best runningback in football.

How the mighty have fallen...

He is a 30 year old RB (technically 29).  He basically is right on schedule.   

Even if he was younger, he doesn't seem like a fit for Baltimore.