• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Oh, big suprise

cardiackat88.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not sure why the glee over Samuel having a minor injury. I wish him well. Would've liked to have kept him but we had bigger priorities and it didn't make sense to give our 4th offensive option big money.

Nobody is celebrating it, I'm just glad we didn't resign him which is probably what Hurney would've done.

6 minutes ago, NAS said:

Nobody is celebrating it, I'm just glad we didn't resign him which is probably what Hurney would've done.

I think letting him walk was the correct call too, but it's just in really poor taste IMO to make a thread spiking the football about the guy missing week one due to a minor injury. We chose not to re-sign him. It's not like he forced his way out or it was an ugly breakup in any way. The Panthers made a business decision not to re-sign him. Samuel made a business decision to sign a contract to continue playing NFL football elsewhere. That's it, that's all. There's just no legit reason to be salty and this thread is saltier than the Dead Sea.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think letting him walk was the correct call too, but it's just in really poor taste IMO to make a thread spiking the football about the guy missing week one due to a minor injury. We chose not to re-sign him. It's not like he forced his way out or it was an ugly breakup in any way. The Panthers made a business decision not to re-sign him. Samuel made a business decision to sign a contract to continue playing NFL football elsewhere. That's it, that's all. There's just no legit reason to be salty and this thread is saltier than the Dead Sea.

Did you totally miss the part about Rivera?

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I definitely missed anything to get mad about.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I am not mad or upset about anything.

I think that some things will never change, like Rivera shrugging it off instead of iterating how important he believes Samuel (who they are not getting on a bargain bin deal) can be to their offense and that he is excited to have Samuel healthy again as soon as possible.

18 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

I think that some things will never change, like Rivera shrugging it off instead of iterating how important he believes Samuel (who they are not getting on a bargain bin deal) can be to their offense and that he is excited to have Samuel healthy again as soon as possible.

I long ago became numb to Ron Rivera saying dumb poo. I don't even notice it anymore.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

52 minutes ago, cardiackat88. said:

You normally make to much out of what coaches say to the media. 

Seems to me you're just taking another opportunity to take a jab at him. 

Let that poo go. 

17 minutes ago, heyzeus said:

Any glee Panther fans feel is not about Curtis Samuels injury and it is not about salt.

It is about this not happening to the Panthers anymore.

This too. 

Hurney was liable to pay him like a #1 and be stuck with him and his current injuries (and likely later ones) and contract while losing Robby and DJ over the years due to it.

All this while losing out on Marshall