• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Terrace Marshall Jr.

DaveThePanther2008

I hope he wasn't a Preseason warrior.  Seems he dropped a couple of passes that he caught in Preseason.  They were contested throws I will admit but during the preseason he came up with those catches. 

Hopefully, it was rookie nerves and plays well later on. 

I'm still very high on him, I think he can be a beast. 

Thoughts

• Poo 3

I’m still super excited about him and haven’t soured on him one bit, but I think Week 1 around the NFL should bring those people back down to Earth a bit who were thinking he’d be in the running for OROY. There were a lot of strong performances from rookie WRs around the league: Chase, Smith, and Waddle particularly. I think he definitely has the talent to be OROY but just won’t get the opportunities…for better or worse, CMC looks like he’ll continue to dominate the touches in this offense and then he’ll still have to contend with super talented receivers like DJ and Robby.

• Pie 3

23 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

I’m still super excited about him and haven’t soured on him one bit, but I think Week 1 around the NFL should bring those people back down to Earth a bit who were thinking he’d be in the running for OROY. There were a lot of strong performances from rookie WRs around the league: Chase, Smith, and Waddle particularly. I think he definitely has the talent to be OROY but just won’t get the opportunities…for better or worse, CMC looks like he’ll continue to dominate the touches in this offense and then he’ll still have to contend with super talented receivers like DJ and Robby.

I think he can have a good year but OROY would be a stretch since he is not our #1 option at WR.  

Like I said I think first game jitters played a part.  He'll have better weeks. 

• Pie 3

Just now, mbarbour21 said:

I seen him miss one early. Sam threw it to his outside shoulder I think. It was a good throw, he just didn't catch it. It's his first game though and he was covered, but it was catchable. I think as time goes on he will emerge. Let him get one really good play and it will break the ice. 

That was an extremely tough catch.

You want to talk about drops? Let’s discuss DJ Moore dropping that routine grab which would have been a 1st down.

• Pie 4

Just now, therealmjl said:

You want to talk about drops? Let’s discuss DJ Moore dropping that routine grab which would have been a 1st down.

That was early on too wasn't it? I remember that, my eyes got huge. lol! I couldn't believe it. 

I wasn't saying it wasn't a difficult catch, just one I believe he would have caught in preseason. I think he bounces back. Probably could have used better blocking on the screen he had, if I remember correctly. 

6 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Moore seems to have one or two of those. He had a lot if drops last season.  I think he averaged about 60-70% catch rate.