• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Really good article on Sam Darnold. Worth a click.

Zod

4 hours ago, Dunn said:

I'm still on the fence with Darnold.  I think he's gotten away with a few throws that were VERY risky.  double and even triple covered receivers and the ball went incomplete that could have been INTs.  I thought to myself a few times 'why did he try to make that throw?'  I think he still has some issues making the smart throw and we've dodged those bullets so far...I feel there will be a game coming up soon though that he'll put up some ugly numbers.  

You're talking about those throws he made to DJ Moore who was covered by two guys....and the ball hit him directly in the hands?  

That's called pin-point ACCURACY, buddy.

Sure, he could've found a more open receiver but maybe he did not have time to with how the O-Line is so he made a decision and went with it.....

His passes(with exception of a couple, one from each game where it was almost picked off in the Jets game and another that came dangerously close in the last game) were, for the most part, on-target and on-point.

You're entitled to stay on that fence as a fan.   Just be careful not to get splinters up your butt though.   😄

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

The questions and knock on Darnold have never been arm talent, ability, accuracy etc.   Sam will have a better record in Carolina vs NY if he is the same dude he has always been…because our talent is significantly better here.   

I’m on the fence about Sam because the questions about Sam still remain….can he avoid consistently making bonehead plays. 

NFL - 40 games - 48 turnovers

College - 27 games - 36 turnovers 

* 2 games thus far in Carolina….and he has bad turnovers in both.     And hasn’t even hit a game with a lot of pressure yet…the need a play kind or under constant pass rush variety 

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

The questions and knock on Darnold have never been arm talent, ability, accuracy etc.   Sam will have a better record in Carolina vs NY if he is the same dude he has always been…because our talent is significantly better here.   

I’m on the fence about Sam because the questions about Sam still remain….can he avoid consistently making bonehead plays. 

* 2 games thus far in Carolina….and he has bad turnovers in both.     And hasn’t even hit a game with a lot of pressure yet…the need a play kind or under constant pass rush variety 

Thus far, those two turnovers, though, were of the bizarre variety and not the Passing kind.

If he started throwing picks, THEN i'd be concerned.

41 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

You're talking about those throws he made to DJ Moore who was covered by two guys....and the ball hit him directly in the hands?  

That's called pin-point ACCURACY, buddy.

Sure, he could've found a more open receiver but maybe he did not have time to with how the O-Line is so he made a decision and went with it.....

His passes(with exception of a couple, one from each game where it was almost picked off in the Jets game and another that came dangerously close in the last game) were, for the most part, on-target and on-point.

You're entitled to stay on that fence as a fan.   Just be careful not to get splinters up your butt though.   😄

I'm not worried about the pass to DJ. That was a hell of a throw and DJ caught it but the defender managed to pull it out when he hit the ground.  Just bad luck.  But a great throw and DJ will tell you that.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

41 minutes ago, CRA said:

If he gets put under any more pressure we lose the game.

Brady is instructing Darnold to get the ball out quickly to negate our biggest weakness - our Oline. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, OldhamA said:

If he gets put under any more pressure we lose the game.

Brady is instructing Darnold to get the ball out quickly to negate our biggest weakness - our Oline. 

I saw a video clip of Brady's reaction to Sam's turnover.  It was pure gold. I wish I had it for future use on bad posts.

3 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they started running his old college offenses?  He now has top shelf talent that he wasn't able to lure to his program to plug into the mind of Brady.  That would be the badest thing a coach has ever pulled off in all my days of watching football. 

Do you think Rhule really liked his offense or ran the best one he could given the talent he had. He could have gotten any college OC he worked with to be our OC but he took Brady who turned a little known guy who would have gotten drafted  later in the draft if at all into the number 1 pick in Burrow. Brady does a super job of finding out what a qb is most comfortable doing and then building the offense around that.  Plus the New Orleans model has been highly effective. As much as I hate their team I respect their offense and was excited to know we would be running a version of it. 

• Pie 1