• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pat Elfein placed on IR

Prowler2k18

41 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I wasn't against benching him when the next guy earned the spot....and I hope the next guy is ready.  

I was against deriding him every game when he did play.

Our OL play just has not been that bad... and when you compare it to how our opponent's OL looked.....

All fans deride their teams oline in some form or fashion.  It comes with the territory for those guys.

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I think we knew that Elflein and Erving were injury prone and hopefully  have been planning for it.  Versatility and all that jazz.    

Well they had to get someone in those slots to hold it down until a better option presents itself.  The cupboard is bare around the league for long term solutions so its take what you can get in FA and hope your draft picks work out.

Rinse and repeat until you can get enough of a competent line together that you can keep your qb upright long enough to run your offense. 

• Beer 3

Just now, Jon Snow said:

All fans deride their teams oline in some form or fashion.  It comes with the territory for those guys.

True.  But I've been spending time on the other teams forums.  We are one of the worst on this.   Here, its a drum beat with repetitive "Can he play LT" posts and thread after thread on the lineman we should have drafted or photo play by play shots of our linemen missing blocks and thier pff scores.  Even after wins, we are horrible.  Go visit em.  If we aren't the worst, we are one of the worst.  We use the words the "garbage" and "trash" to describe our line.  You can say other boards do it to our scale, its just not true.   

Daley has some shield from it here for whatever reason, so I expect our sights to turn to Erving, but we'll see.

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Well they had to get someone in those slots to hold it down until a better option presents itself.  The cupboard is bare around the league for long term solutions so its take what you can get in FA and hope your draft picks work out.

Rinse and repeat until you can get enough of a competent line together that you can keep your qb upright long enough to run your offense. 

I agree.

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

True.  But I've been spending time on the other teams forums.  We are one of the worst on this.   Here, its a drum beat with repetitive "Can he play LT" posts and thread after thread on the lineman we should have drafted or photo play by play shots of our linemen missing blocks and thier pff scores.  Even after wins, we are horrible.  Go visit em.  If we aren't the worst, we are one of the worst.  We use the words the "garbage" and "trash" to describe our line.  You can say other boards do it to our scale, its just not true.   

Daley has some shield from it here for whatever reason, so I expect our sights to turn to Erving, but we'll see.

It's early, give it time and it will be league wide on the losing teams.

We are just so use to the oline letting us down that we've come to expect it.

• Pie 1

27 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

The huddle seems to like him.  His first year did not look great.  Last  year he was injured.  Against the jets, Paradis helped him a lot. 

His rookie year 2019 57.7PFF on 686 snaps,  2020 64.7 on 135 snaps and  47.9 PFF so far this year.

He'll move the left side where he's more comfortable.  Hopefully he's ready.

He was downright lousy last week