• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Darnold "optimistic that CMC will be back this season."

Zod

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

all i have said about this is that a full tear would not "necessarily" be obvious. i did an ortho trauma rotation, i have seen many bizarre presentations. now it's true that i'm not a strength coach like you. and the things i see are a little more acute, generally. but i've really not said much at all except that his gait is not necessarily indicative of the severity of the injury, which I'm not sure an actual professional would argue with. 

of course ive also made you very upset, which is fun

I’m actually not upset. I just want you to understand that your one rotation in a department doesn’t give you more authority than someone with a doctorate in physical therapy. The “strength coach” title is just an added bonus.

While I agree that gait is not the only function/movement in differentially diagnosing injuries, the severity of the injury itself absolutely can affect gait pattern as the trauma increases. Especially in regards to muscles that cross both the hip and knee joint respectively.

Edited by WarHeel

1 hour ago, coffee said:

We had CMC long enough to get our feet under ourselves.  I'm torn but kinda hoping he rests and heals for a few games even if it's minor.  We've always known we've got to be able to pull out a few wins without him.  I'd rather try that out with the teams we face now rather than the ones we face at the end of the year.

We need to give them both extra time to heal. Add a week or two to the time expected to recover. If we can't win the majority of the games against the teams in our line-up, then we have no business in the playoffs anyway. We have a lot of talent, DO NOT rush either back.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

lol

I’ll be here whenever you want to discuss anything dealing with these topics but you just essentially admitted trying to stir the pot and have brought zero argument for your initial comment other than you “doing a rotation on an ortho floor.”

Do better next time 😉 

A hamstring for a RB is pretty much their  engine.  It’s what makes them stop, go, accelerate, cut etc. This is a very serious injury. For the ones saying he would’ve came back into the game vs a better team have no clue about the significance of a hamstring injury. A normal hamstring injury takes 3 weeks to heal. I’d rather keep CMC out 5-7 weeks to reduce the chances of it lingering though. 

4 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Why don't you guys stop the slap fight and wait to see what the MRI says. Maybe Dr. Peon can interpret it for us.

Reminded me of something that happened a few years back...

Asked stepson (around high school age) what he wanted to do. He said he wanted to be a doctor, which I thought was cool.

Then I asked him why...

His answer: "Because they make a lot of money and they don't have to work very hard" 😳

For the record, he did not go into medicine.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1