• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talking Cowboys - What do you know?

Zod

Some interesting betting trends on the Cowboys, per Walter Football:

The Trends. Edge: Panthers. star.gif

• The underdog is 104-68 ATS in Cowboys games since 2010.
  • Cowboys are 20-13 ATS after playing the Eagles since 2000.
  • Cowboys are 22-36 ATS as home favorites in Cowboys Stadium (excluding Thanksgiving).
  • Cowboys are 19-32 ATS when favored after a win since 2010.
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, bigdavis said:

Some interesting betting trends on the Cowboys, per Walter Football:

The Trends. Edge: Panthers. star.gif

• The underdog is 104-68 ATS in Cowboys games since 2010.
  • Cowboys are 20-13 ATS after playing the Eagles since 2000.
  • Cowboys are 22-36 ATS as home favorites in Cowboys Stadium (excluding Thanksgiving).
  • Cowboys are 19-32 ATS when favored after a win since 2010.

Love it. I do know they kicked ass and we better bring our CMCless A game though. Thank goodness they've had all week to prepare and scheme a game plan without him. If we see a bunch of Chubba drops in the flat or instant tackles, then you know we have a lot to be worried about because the scheme is CMC or bust.

They are 4th in the league in rushing yards with the 5th best yards before contact.   From what I've seen, they like to run off tackle on first down often from shotgun,  to set up the RPO and screen.

So it looks like their best in the league Pressure%, is driven by an insanely low Pocket time of 1.6s, 2nd shortest in the league.

If the play goes much longer, the OL can't hold and Dak isn't that mobile, explaining the 7 sacks (higher than ours).

Edited by SBBlue

10 hours ago, Madwolf said:

Remember when the Cowboys where "America's Team" because for like 2 decades after they stopped winning? Fun times.

According to the higher viewing ratings per game, team apparel sales, and being posted as the most valuable sports team in the whole world according to Forbes...  I think they are still considered America's Team.  To those who don't think so....  when you hear the moniker America's Team, whats the first team that pops into your mind??  The Cowboys.

9 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

Anything that does not include Buck and Aikman is welcome.

Many people say they are the best in the business.  I have to agree with those people and the network agrees as well because Buck and Aikman are always assigned to the biggest/most important games every week.

1 hour ago, SBBlue said:

They are 4th in the league in rushing yards with the 5th best yards before contact.   From what I've seen, they like to run off tackle on first down often from shotgun,  to set up the RPO and screen.

So it looks like their best in the league Pressure%, is driven by an insanely low Pocket time of 1.6s, 2nd shortest in the league.

If the play goes much longer, the OL can't hold and Dak isn't that mobile, explaining the 7 sacks (higher than ours).

I think the "D" will get to him and he won't have room to breathe. 

4 hours ago, Fug Drump said:

According to the higher viewing ratings per game, team apparel sales, and being posted as the most valuable sports team in the whole world according to Forbes...  I think they are still considered America's Team.  To those who don't think so....  when you hear the moniker America's Team, whats the first team that pops into your mind??  The Cowboys.

Tom Brady, he has 7 rings!

4 hours ago, Fug Drump said:

Many people say they are the best in the business.  I have to agree with those people and the network agrees as well because Buck and Aikman are always assigned to the biggest/most important games every week.

No they suck you only like them because of damn Aikman which is a terrible commentator.

6 hours ago, hepcat said:

Their fans seem to think this will be an easy win for them 

That is a huge mistake to think this will be an easy win for the Cowboys.   I personally think the Panthers will win this game.  Carolina beat the Jets, Saints, and Texans who are all weaker bum teams, but I think the Panthers will put it all together to win their first game against a solid NFL team this week.