• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cowboys on a short week, Panthers on a long week

Zod

1 minute ago, Panther'sBigD said:

And posters need to lay off of the hand wringing posts about how ‘historically we do bad after a bye or a long week’ since this is a new regime and so far they’ve bucked the bad trends of the Rivera era. 

Excited to see what our guys can do with the extra rest and planning. 

Agreed.  Rhule is more like Bellicick than Rivera in this regard

• Pie 2

I don't know how good they are yet.  I will reserve opinions until after tonight.

I am concerned about their WRs now with Horn out.    Need pass rush to dominate.

But the extra few days to prepare and recover from injury will absolutely help.   They have less time to study our defense and will be banged up from Monday night.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Going to be good…or bad…it will be the Panthers first match up against a legitimate team.

You don't think the Saints are legitimate? 

They dominated against Green Bay and New England!

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

42 minutes ago, NAS said:

You don't think the Saints are legitimate? 

They dominated against Green Bay and New England!

Yea they beat GB and NE…that’s the point. The team we played was not that team. With the issues they had, no.

They literally had so many coaches out some scrub was calling subs and doing 10 other things he had no clue how to do.

Of course, are the Panthers legitimate without CMC and Horn? Meh, debatable. But one could look at last year when CMC was down (and everyone said we will be fine) and no Horn and a much better oline (shockingly). Seems we have a better qb though, but it was sad. I am not as optimistic as some without cmc with this oline. I think shits about to get bad and this place will implode.

In a COVID year everything is patchwork like last year so what’s considered legitimate or not will be very fluid and different from any other year, but in general, no, I don’t consider the Saints team the Panthers played legitimate. That team would be 0-3.

Edited by onmyown
  • Poo 1