• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What does the Henderson trade mean for Donte and Jaycee?

t96

52 minutes ago, Mage said:

What it means is there there is literally no excuse not to go OL with the 1st pick next year unless an absolute stud, I'm talking STUD, falls to us.  Otherwise why would OL not be the 1st pick?  

CB, no.  WR, no. TE, no.  RB, lol.  QB, probably not unless Darnold face-plants but even if he does... the QB class is horrendous.  DE or DT, not unless a stud falls and I only say that because you can never have enough pass rushers.  LB, nah unless it is a stud.  

Really the only other position that I would say right now might warrant a 1st round selection is safety.  Otherwise it has got to be OL, right?

If Rhule and Fitty see too much bust potential in the BPA OL, they'll pass on what they feel is a reach for need. Ask Justin Fields. (Not saying Fields is a bust, just that Rhule and Fitts saw something they didn't love)

1 hour ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

I don't think D Jax will be back, too many important players to re-sign like DJ, Reddick, and possibly Sam if he continues to play well.

I would have agreed with you if this had happened 3 weeks ago, but Donte looking like a new man in that Captain's jersey.  His open field tackling has been elite.  He's been a HUGE part of why we're leading the league in run blocking after being atrocious for the past several years.

It will be interesting to see how it shakes out.  There's still a long season ahead. I'd love to see us keep Donte, but obviously you can't keep everyone.  I just hope he gets TONS of appreciation for how he's played so far this season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

No doubt Jackson will be getting a big payday if he continues playing the way he’s been. There’s no guarantee he will resign. We just signed Bouye and drafted Horn this year. I think this is a great back up plan in case Jackson leaves. We won’t get desperate to keep him now that we have Henderson and Bouye. We would be desperate if he did leave and we didn’t have Henderson. Good planning ahead for the future.

1 minute ago, rmoneyg35 said:

No doubt Jackson will be getting a big payday if he continues playing the way he’s been. There’s no guarantee he will resign. We just signed Bouye and drafted Horn this year. I think this is a great back up plan in case Jackson leaves. We won’t get desperate to keep him now that we have Henderson and Bouye. We would be desperate if he did leave and we didn’t have Henderson. Good planning ahead for the future.

I think the plan is to develop enough talent behind these guys that you don't overpay out of desperation to keep them. Kinda the opposite of what the past FO's did.

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I think the plan is to develop enough talent behind these guys that you don't overpay out of desperation to keep them. Kinda the opposite of what the past FO's did.

Which is why Curtis is playing for the WFT now. Donte is pretty much in the same position, we will retain him if he will take what we offer, if not he will be elsewhere getting overpaid.