• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This is the Turning Point Game of the 2021 Season

Hoenheim

Do We Win this Pivotal Game?   

132 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Panthers going to Beat the Cowboys on Sunday?

• Yes we're blowing them out Ala Saints 2021
    • Yes but a close defensive struggle
    • No we will narrowly lose
    • Lose but Moral victory
    • Bad meltdown Ala 2018/2019
    • Dadnold will outduel dak and we win in a legendary shoot out

Na I think we have an easy schedule that has favored us for once. We do play some teams that we should clearly be better than and since we have dominated other like teams we should be in good shape even with some losses. Now that we started 3-0 the expectations have gone up but in reality we were all about to be good with 9-8 / 10-7 type poo and now we could make 12-5 pretty easily if we stay healthy.

Darnold is a warrior.  I've read he's all in and does everything to prepare himself.

I think this game will be on our O-line.  Dallas is beatable.

The key to this game will be Brady.  Though we don't have CMC we do have plenty of weapons to win this game.  If he can do what he did after CMC went out last week we can win this game.

If we lose, we start the next week trying to go 1-0.   That's the mentality we are playing with and it won't be any different heading into the Philly game. 

16 hours ago, KB_fan said:

I don't even want to think about Steelers or 49ers games. So utterly demoralizing.

Thankfully this is a new team, a new staff. I think Rhule will keep them on a more even keel win or lose. Expectations are still pretty low for the team nationally though the defense has gotten a lot of attention. (Being #1 will do that).

Last week's second half showed me something about this team's grit and resilience. Gives me some optimism that they can handle a tough battle.

I'm gonna try and just enjoy it without huge expectations of a W. I believe in this team right now no matter the outcome.

Steelers game hurt but the 49ers game was kind of hilariously off the rails. I hate the Steelers but outside of the 13 playoff loss and the old school rivalry I’m not mad to get stomped by the future NFC champs. 

I pray we win this week though. I’m really enjoying these wins and winning an away game at one of the most fluffed up franchises would be sweet. Like when the Giants poo’d the bed in 09

23 hours ago, CarolinaLivin said:

This won't be a season ending game or a game that causes for panic if we lose. 

This is a game where panthers fans get to see what we truly have in Darnold without ole reliable (22)

Obviously CMC is generally the best player on the field, but I have to say, last week was our best 2nd half, IMO, of the season. Darnold really stepped up, as did several other offensive weapons. Our game plan will completely change, but we have plenty of options; and 10 days to get them ready.

Ball Control is key. If we win time of possession and finish with touchdowns, keep their O off the field, win the turnover battle. We win.

I know, thats the blueprint to win MOST games, but even more so when facing a strong offense and shaky defense.

Edited by Mills
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

20 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Not to mention if, knock on wood, something was to happen to Chubba we’d have basically two third stringers to try and get any rushing yardage generated. Neither guy I’d love to have blocking 1st string DE/DL that will inevitably be slipping through the sieve that is our OL. Which means even with Chubba we are going to have to run a lot more shotgun or short play and keep Ian in the backfield instead of him being able to line up next to a tackle to help chip blocks and get out into the flat. Suddenly our already bad line is even worse. 

This was my thought about losing CMC. We have enough weapons in the passing game to plan around his yardage, but using him as a blocker / decoy will be harder to replace. Even with Ricci, Thomas, and/or Tremble in the backfield to pick up rushers, it's a drop off in ability. As a decoy, CMC has the same affect that Cam did for years. You have to have a spy assigned to him on every play, essentially taking a defensive player out of the game.

• Pie 1

19 hours ago, Smithers said:

It’s big in the sense that’s it the next team in our way - against a conference opponent who happens to also be a common opponent of our division.  Winning would be huge - but not season defining.  

I do believe, however, that if we win this one, we carry a tremendous amount of momentum back to Charlotte the next week and begin the season 5-0, which would be huge . 

I know it's way early, but winning here could be a factor down the road if we split wins with TB. The refs gave Brady a win week 1, and I doubt we get that same courtesy in the Jerry dome.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Mills said:

Ball Control is key. If we win time of possession and finish with touchdowns, keep their O off the field, win the turnover battle. We win.

I know, thats the blueprint to win MOST games, but even more so when facing a strong offense and shaky defense.

Which means that Chuba and Freeman need to STEP UP.

I think the Panthers will beat the Cowboys.

Why?

Because Sam himself beat them as a JETS QB :

So if he can beat them with having next-to-nothing offensively (and not having the type of D the Panthers have), how will he fare with having just about everything offensively along with having the "D"? 

Edited by glenwo2

On 9/28/2021 at 9:36 AM, Hoenheim said:

Ala Steelers and 49ers  in 2018 and 2019

Just looking over our schedule our biggest challenge after this seems to be Buffalo and TB twice in late season.

Winning vs the Cowboys here will give us the momentum to make a deep playoff run. Or a bad loss could throw everything off the rails. 

If there is any game for this team to show up.. it's this one 

Carolina under Rhule was streaky last year. When we won, we aligned victories (3 in row) last year, and when we lost, we also aligned them as well.

We just had 3 in row, so hoping we can keep the streak going, otherwise we may see a streak the other way if last year is any indication. Needless to say, I hope I'm wrong in the sense that, we can bounce right back in case of a lost.