• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Cosell on Sam Darnold

TheSpecialJuan

16 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

He does need to up the tempo a smidge but he’s still “thinking”. Give him time to understand and build trust.  He’ll start anticipating and acting instead of thinking.

He's thinking because he's still slowly healing from the scars of the friggin' Jets receivers that could NEVER get open; he has moments of hesitation because he thinks the ball he throws might get picked off.

6 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

fiz looks to be coming around folks.  Big if true. 

eh, i never hated it

we obviously couldn't go another season with bridgewater, and darnold was their third choice. Deshaun didn't work out for obvious reasons, and Stafford turned us down in favor of LA. 

Team never seemed that high on any of the non lawrence QBs. 

I just don't think anyone expected it go to this well THIS fast. 

still plenty of time for the wheels to come off, however. 

Edited by electro's horse
  • Pie 3

I can see why we went with Darnold over Fields. Justin may end up the better QB in the end but he could have benefitted from sitting behind a veteran. He looks lost out there and we needed a starter not a project. Darnold has experience and looks like a veteran in a new system.  Hopefully, by the end of the season we are hitting on all cylinders.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

eh, i never hated it

we obviously couldn't go another season with bridgewater, and darnold was their third choice. Deshaun didn't work out for obvious reasons, and Stafford turned us down in favor of LA. 

Team never seemed that high on any of the non lawrence QBs. 

I just don't think anyone expected it go to this well THIS fast. 

still plenty of time for the wheels to come off, however. 

All fair. Team looks to be correct thus far in regards to the non Lawrence QBs.  Stafford would have likely been better for a few years but has some wear. Maybe it all turned into something great. We'll see. 

I miss the Derby. 

13 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Hopefully, by the end of the season we are hitting on all cylinders.

I think it's going to happen by the middle of the season.  At that point :

• Both rookies should be playing on the O-line
  • DJ Moore will be a bonafide star
  • Darnold will have shaken off all of that Jets rust and be comfortable executing Brady's offense  

if Chuba can establish himself as a real threat we score early and often. Greg Cosell is absolutely right when he says play action is a big part of this offense because with CMC that threat was real every down but with Chuba the defense can hang back a bit on those play action calls.