• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brett Kollman: Panthers defence breakdown

OldhamA

I love it.  Amazing.  Our D is such a damn problem.  Like he said, even if we only end up at 80% of what its been so far, for the rest of the season, itll still be an historically good defense.  

And the scary thing for the rest of the league is.....we're just getting started.

• Pie 2

9 hours ago, Actionman0z said:

Bro used a whole tree in that drink, and hopefully didn’t cue Kellon Mond into how to attack us. 

what you are seeing is the joy of being multiple with the same personnel. 

Why would Kellen Mond be playing QB against us?  Cousins is having the best start to a season in his career....

1 minute ago, Actionman0z said:

Kellen Moore. Their OC. My bad 

Ahhhh OK.  Gotcha.  Well yeah....but you have to think if this guy sees this, then NFL coaches who are paid to do this type of thing also see it.  You can know its coming all day long, the hard part is stopping it. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, joemac said:

Ahhhh OK.  Gotcha.  Well yeah....but you have to think if this guy sees this, then NFL coaches who are paid to do this type of thing also see it.  You can know its coming all day long, the hard part is stopping it. 

I doubt opposing OCs haven't already seen all this.  But, as you correctly conclude, hard to stop it.

That's because the direction of our rush is so well disguised at the LOS.  They can't for a certainty expect any D formation will result in any defined rush pattern.

There are 2 wonderful parts to this:

1) Snow himself couldn't pull this off, until he had assembled the individual talents (fast, versatile, teachable, aggressive) to play all these interchangeable roles.  Now he does, and unless other teams match the personnel attributes, they can't copy it.  Maybe it can be scoffed at as "college," but nobody can figure it out -- or beat it.

2) Just as important, all our guys are young, and this can go on awhile.  These results aren't being produced because we got some old veteran FA that we can only count on for a year.  Snow has redefined football as a team sport.

(and I'm willing to bet that C.J. Henderson will buy into this, and think he's gone to football heaven)

• Pie 3

This video really shows me that last years 1st round pick in Brown was critical to the scheme. 

I typically support all our draft choices but I was 1 among the crowd that thought a run stuffing DT that early might not have been the best value. 

Now I see it all come together. I love that this team is thinking long term with team building.

• Pie 2
  • The D 2
  • Flames 1

40 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

This video really shows me that last years 1st round pick in Brown was critical to the scheme. 

I typically support all our draft choices but I was 1 among the crowd that thought a run stuffing DT that early might not have been the best value. 

Now I see it all come together. I love that this team is thinking long term with team building.

2 things: Roy was taking a triple team on that 1 play to spring Fox. He's not bad for a back up.

2nd, rumor has it that If we hadn't drafted Brown we were looking at CJ. Now we have both!

• Pie 2
  • The D 1