• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A critique of Darnold through 4 games

LinvilleGorge

9 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

He's at the top of the league in many categories. I think what you meant to say is. "If he continues to play at this level. We got this". Because at this moment in time. Sam is the future at QB for this team.

Until Sam poos the bed. He is, and will continue to be, the QB of our Carolina Panthers.

Darnold could use some 4th quarter comebacks, game winning drives, etc. Those are more important than stats alone.

But I think they'll come.

11 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

How does that explain how well he does in the 4th quarter?

The 3rd quarter is his only bad quarter.

lol you're asking me? 

Let me take a wild guess here. Maybe by the end of the 3rd Brady, Ryan, Darnold & the route runners have figured out the adjustments that were made and made their own adjustments. There's also the luxury of time slipping away.

Yes, opposing adjustments need to be better anticipated and accounted for. It will come with experience. There's no doubt about that. But it is a team game and it's not all on Sam. 

• Beer 2

18 hours ago, amcoolio said:

Sam has done well and exceeded expectations but he's not a franchise QB or top 12 QB yet, so we should still consider upgrading if he doesn't play himself into that conversation by the end of the season 

Hes on pace for 5000 passing yards and 40 total TDs.  If that ain't franchise QB then IDK what is. And we're a quarter of the way thru the season so its fair to begin that extrapolation. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

29 minutes ago, joemac said:

Hes on pace for 5000 passing yards and 40 total TDs.  If that ain't franchise QB then IDK what is. And we're a quarter of the way thru the season so its fair to begin that extrapolation. 

How many turnovers, sacks taken, and deep pass connections is he on pace for?

5 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

How many turnovers, sacks taken, and deep pass connections is he on pace for?

Well, lets see...

Hes currently on pace for 12.75 INTs

Hes lost 1 fumble, so 4 fumbles lost

Hes on pace to be sacked 47 times (ouch)

IDK about "deep pass connections".  What constitutes a "deep pass"?  DJ Moore currently leads the league in receptions of 20+ yards.  Is that considered a deep pass?

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 2

Based on what I've seen so far it appears Sam certainly has franchise quarterback capabilities in him. But whether it's him or Joe Brady they need to get together and figure out how to get this deep passing game going we have DJ Moore and Robby Anderson waiting. That's just a fact Jack.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Based on what I've seen so far it appears Sam certainly has franchise quarterback capabilities in him. But whether it's him or Joe Brady they need to get together and figure out how to get this deep passing game going we have DJ Moore and Robby Anderson waiting. That's just a fact Jack.

I thought his name was joe?  

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 2

38 minutes ago, joemac said:

Well, lets see...

Hes currently on pace for 12.75 INTs

Hes lost 1 fumble, so 4 fumbles lost

Hes on pace to be sacked 47 times (ouch)

IDK about "deep pass connections".  What constitutes a "deep pass"?  DJ Moore currently leads the league in receptions of 20+ yards.  Is that considered a deep pass?

He's at the bottom of league in deep passes completed (40+) yards

I just don't want you to get too comfortable as Teddy had the same optimism on here after his first 4 games and look how that turned out at the end of the year

Sam still has a long way to go

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

He's at the bottom of league in deep passes completed (40+) yards

I just don't want you to get too comfortable as Teddy had the same optimism on here after his first 4 games and look how that turned out at the end of the year

Sam still has a long way to go

Just because YOU feel that way, does not mean WE have to feel that way. IMO, there is no reason NOT to be excited. Unless you are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. And that is an attitude I would cross the street to avoid.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

Just because YOU feel that way, does not mean WE have to feel that way. IMO, there is no reason NOT to be excited. Unless you are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. And that is an attitude I would cross the street to avoid.

I think that may be the case here...(or it really seems like it).

Looks to me like he's waiting for Sam to morph into Teddy Asswater so he can then kick back, light a "victory" cigar, and tell us how he "knew all along" or some sh-t.   smh.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, mav1234 said:

Darnold could use some 4th quarter comebacks, game winning drives, etc. Those are more important than stats alone.

But I think they'll come.

Aaron Rodgers has 14 comebacks in his 17(or so) career. His hit rate is 29%. 4th quarter comebacks are not a stat to hang your hat on.

4 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

You were literally so excited we had a franchise QB after Teddy's start last year... do I really need to point out the threads?