• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFCS Pass Protection Stats Thru 4 games

SBBlue

Cmp     Att    Yds   PktTime      Sk   Hits   Hrry  
League  Avg 93 140 974 2.3 9 13 14  
      Panthers 99 146 1120 2.4 11 16 17  
        Falcons 108 161 931 2.3 8 20 11  
          Saints 58 90 576 2.5 7 12 9  
            Bucs 119 184 1310 1.7 7 5 9  

2021 NFL Advanced Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
The OL was horrible at Dallas   5 sacks, 6 Hits and 4 hurries (and that hurry number feels low).    The OL has performed worse each game.  The trendline is NOT good.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

The ironic thing was that we did establish the run.  For most of the first half, we were getting 5-10 yards per attempt.  

We had 113 yards rushing, but 35 of those were Sam.  Chubba avg 4.4 yds. Compare that to Elliot at 7.2.  Our ybc is bad, at the bottom of the league.  

Our run D shows up this Sunday or we are about to be embarrassed.  Eagles have the highest ybc/att rate and more rushing yards than we do.  If they run all over us, it will be another long game.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Our run D shows up this Sunday or we are about to be embarrassed.  Eagles have the highest ybc/att rate and more rushing yards than we do.  If they run all over us, it will be another long game.

I would imagine a lot can be attributed to Jalen Hurts...I feel like the speed of our LB's matches well against spying Hurts.  We shall see.

1 minute ago, SBBlue said:

We had 113 yards rushing, but 35 of those were Sam.  Chubba avg 4.4 yds. Compare that to Elliot at 7.2.  Our ybc is bad, at the bottom of the league.  

We were discussing establishing the run.  In the first half, we did establish the run.  Early in the game, we were ripping off decent runs.  

Late in the second qtr, and into the third, Dallas adjusted, and shut down the run. And our offense couldn't compensate.   

Good grief…the god awful Falcons have 15 more att. and two categories close to average.

The Panthers fail miserably on all accounts.

Watching the Bucs line that sounds right, they’re beasts. I can only imagine there are only 2-3 teams worse than this.

So far, I’m pretty sure this is the worst oline in Panthers’ history.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

47 minutes ago, SBBlue said:
   Cmp     Att    Yds   PktTime      Sk   Hits   Hrry  
League  Avg 93 140 974 2.3 9 13 14  
      Panthers 99 146 1120 2.4 11 16 17  
        Falcons 108 161 931 2.3 8 20 11  
          Saints 58 90 576 2.5 7 12 9  
            Bucs 119 184 1310 1.7 7 5 9  

2021 NFL Advanced Stats | Pro-Football-Reference.com
The OL was horrible at Dallas   5 sacks, 6 Hits and 4 hurries (and that hurry number feels low).    The OL has performed worse each game.  The trendline is NOT good.  

Sack, hits, and hurrys  can be a bit misleading because some teams have more or less pass attempts then others.  

That same table has a pressure % number that accounts for that.

We are actually 8th worst in the entire league based on that.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Good grief…the god awful Falcons have 15 more att. and two categories close to average.

The Panthers fail miserably on all accounts.

Watching the Bucs line that sounds right, they’re beasts. I can only imagine there are only 2-3 teams worse than this.

So far, I’m pretty sure this is the worst oline in Panthers’ history.

It having a QB with the 3rd quickest time to throw.  Their pocket time is non-existent.

Edited by SBBlue

8 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

It having a QB with the 3rd quickest time to throw.  Their pocket time is non-existent.

That’s why I referenced mainly to watching them. Feel free to watch them as well. When they need to block for a while they can, and do.

And just for shits, last year TB had a top 5 release time (400+ attempts) and still a below average ranked oline…lol

The team decided to address that by overpaying for two washed up, injured poo olineman and drafting a ‘second round graded’ guard and sitting him on the bench because we don’t want to maybe be worse than 28th ranked oline in the league by throwing rookies out there.

Edited by onmyown
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1