• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stephon Gilmore: Why this was such a slam dunk

CanadianCat

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Jeff Howe and Joe Person confirmed that the Panthers want to keep Gilmore beyond just this season.

All indications are that they also want to keep Donte Jackson.

How?

magic-shia-labeouf.gif

Feels good to also finally have a cap guy in Sulaiman who knows wtf he is doing.  We are living in a dream right now.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Likely a 5th round comp pick. Because of his position and how long he's been in the league. I agree with everything else though. I do think they will try to resign both Donte and Stephon. 

I was going to point this out, but still, we'd be trading a 2023 6th round for a 2023 5th AND get 10 games (13 if you count playoffs!) out of a top-notch CB for cheap.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CanadianCat said:

Your comment is confusing.

Obviously none of us here could have predicted this, but it is easy to see expected or predicted outcomes of this. 

Im saying in response to people that come on here and say: "hey, well there is no O linemen available for trade!"

Nobody knows this for sure on here as this information isnt announced to everybody so its not a reasonable response to the discussion. 

1 minute ago, shaqattaq said:

I was going to point this out, but still, we'd be trading a 2023 6th round for a 2023 5th AND get 10 games (13 if you count playoffs!) out of a top-notch CB for cheap.

Best Case Scenario: Gilmore returns to former self, resigns with Panthers

Worst Case Scenario: Gilmore plays out rest of year, 2023 6th round pick upgrades to 5th round comp pick

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Im saying in response to people that come on here and say: "hey, well there is no O linemen available for trade!"

Nobody knows this for sure on here as this information isnt announced to everybody so its not a reasonable response to the discussion. 

That's how I took it. I honestly think that had we known that Gilmore and (especially) Henderson had been available, FOR THIS PRICE, on draft day there is a much better chance of Slater being our pick.

28 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

as many four and five DB sets as snow uses in his system it's a great allocation of resources to keep three very good corners on the team 

3? I say, keep em all. If possible. CJ, and Jayce are here. DJ and SG are keepers. Bouye? Should be a keeper as well. That's my lineup. You  couldn't pry  it out of my cold dead hands.

• Beer 1