• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ikem Ekwonu, NC State

Martin

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

Ekwonu to the Giants at #5 is becoming super popular in mocks, of course one pick before us (just like last year with Sewell).  The Giants aren't dumb, even though they need a pass rusher and tackle, they know we are desperate for an OT so they wait take the edge rusher after we pick at #7.

Most likely 2 LT (and maybe even 3) will be gone before we pick.  That's how strong this position group is in 2022. 

And also how weak this QB class is.  In normal drafts 1 or 2 QB are usually selected during the first 5 picks.  I really doubt that's going to happen this year.  

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, Shocker said:

We need to see this guy go through the pre-draft process as well but I can’t see how this guy wouldn’t start here next season.  Neal…same.  OL is just way better than QB at the top of this draft.

Don’t care about the predraft process.   Just like with slater……his tape is his tape.   No matter who he goes against he gets angry and physical.   Don’t overthink things.   

• Pie 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/5/2022 at 5:37 AM, kungfoodude said:

Unfortunately he seems to be trending towards going ahead of us. I hope Neal doesn't do the same.

At this point, I just hope we have a shot at Cross.  Absolutely NO way Neal or Ekwonu falls to us.  If the Jets go LT, we are likely screwed.  Our only hope is they fall in love with a defensive guy.  Mock after mock after mock after mock....have the Giants taking the best OT left on the board.  Why?  You can never have enough elite offensive linemen and they know we pose zero threat to take a defensive player in front of them at #7.  Yes, most mocks have the Giants going defense almost exclusively at pick #7 after taking the tackle at #5.

• 2 weeks later...

More and more mock drafts have either Ickey or Evan Neal falling out of the top 5. Adding either of them to our line would make for the best line we’ve had in a long time. I also have the feeling based on interviews with Fitts that if there is a blue chip OT available that is the pick. This is getting really exciting!!!

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Martin said:

More and more mock drafts have either Ickey or Evan Neal falling out of the top 5. Adding either of them to our line would make for the best line we’ve had in a long time. I also have the feeling based on interviews with Fitts that if there is a blue chip OT available that is the pick. This is getting really exciting!!!

What mock has them falling out of the top 5?

9 hours ago, Martin said:

9 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

What mock has them falling out of the top 5?

Ive seen the same, still not buying it.....BIG HOPE. two weeks before draft day, the picture should be much clearer. I had about 0% hope that neal fell to the panthers, now about 5%

Heres a old mock link ive used in the past, they update fast too.

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-drafts/2022

Edited by Basbear

On 3/24/2022 at 11:43 AM, Martin said:

Jeremiah was the latest one I saw, but I’ve seen it a couple of places. 

Hamilton, Walker, Willis and potentially Wilson are all moving into the top 7. 

Teams ahead of us (Jets, Giants, Lions) have all drafted 1st round tackles very very recently:

Becton, Thomas, Sewell. This doesn’t necessarily mean they won’t go tackle again (I don’t see the Lions drafting another one). But it definitely makes it less likely. I think that the Jets and potentially the Giants are going to be looking to solidify defense or replace the QB (Giants). 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Wondering if 45 still likes Icky.

Personally, I think he'd be a killer G, but as a run blocking (best quality) LT, he would fit the plan to run more.

Yup, he's still my LT1.  Neal is the most polished, but lacks the dog it takes to be elite in the NFL and thus the lowest ceiling.  Cross is the best pass-pro now but he needs to beef up and work on his run blocking.  Ickey is a beast in run blocking, has the dog mentality and will outwork the defender.  Even though he's not the most polished pass-pro prospect right now, he could be better than Neal in a year or two and eventually be an All-pro.

Edited by 45catfan