• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ahead of schedule

kungfoodude

19 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

After being upset as everyone else  I have a question going forward. I feel Christensen may need some work in the weight room, but did he show enough to possibly be a starter? It looked like the push Philly had came from between the tackles.

I think he should definitely be a starter. When Erving gets back, put him at LG and hope to god they see reason and finally play Deonte Brown at RG because Miller and Daley should never be on the field in a Panthers uniform again! (Sorry, still pissed. My wife and in-laws are Eagles fans smh.)

Edited by roaddog96
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, DaddyDarnold said:

I don’t really understand this mindset. Fitt has acknowledged that he’s kicking the tires on OL and other teams aren’t interested in trading even backups. Are you saying he shouldn’t be looking to improve other position groups until he can improve the OL and QB? That seems asinine to me. He got Gilmore for basically nothing. You keep improving the team as opportunities come available. 

If moves were made in a vacuum, sure. But they're not. Every move comes with cap ramifications and when you trade you're also sacrificing draft and/or roster capital.

27 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

Next week's the Vikings.

Darnold is going to get killed behind this line if CMC isn't there for an outlet pass (or some decent blocking).

Anderson will run around the field holding hands with a defender all day and not really trying.

Our defense will play lights out for half the game, but be completely lost without Shaq Thompson.

Our special teams will continue to be only able to get one thing right ... which thing that will be is to be randomly decided at the coin toss.

Joe Brady will completely forget about screen passes, unless CMC is here and then it's 85% of the plays called.

Fitterer will trade for another DB, setting a new NFL record.

Should've led with "Spoiler Alert".

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Fright said:

Unacceptable when the organization believes we’re in “win now” mode.

Beating up bad teams to start the season really had the staff thinking we’re better than we are. We’re an entire oline and qb away from being a single playoff win team. 

In fairness, you want them to be in a "win now mode" even if that is a bridge too far.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If moves were made in a vacuum, sure. But they're not. Every move comes with cap ramifications and when you trade you're also sacrificing draft and/or roster capital.

I don't feel like we got worse after our recent trades. I believe Fitt when he days that he has tried to improve the OL. I think it is telling when he says that he can't even get people to come off backup OL.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

6th round picks have roughly a 30-35% chance of making an NFL active roster. They rarely become starters. If you would rather keep a 6th round pick than pick up Gilmore, we probably won’t agree on much beyond that. There’s a better argument to be made against swapping a 3rd for a 5th and Henderson. The plus side is you get a 2020 top 10 pick for a 3rd rounder. Obviously that is dependent on how Henderson develops. But we will see how that pans out.

I’ve read a lot of your posts of the years and I think you’re smarter than what you’re saying. I think everyone is just emotional over the loss right now. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't feel like we got worse after our recent trades. I believe Fitt when he days that he has tried to improve the OL. I think it is telling when he says that he can't even get people to come off backup OL.

I believe him too. But I do blame them for specifically targeting historically mediocre and oft-injured free agents. Erving and Elflein are the types of guys who generally sign low level contracts in the second wave of FA. We signed them to real money during the primary wave of FA when guys are generally being overpaid. I found it baffling they were the guys we chose to target and so far it has planned out predictably - they've been mediocre when available and are both currently injured.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I believe him too. But I do blame them for specifically targeting historically mediocre and oft-injured free agents. Erving and Elflein are the types of guys who generally sign low level contracts in the second wave of FA. We signed them to real money during the primary wave of FA when guys are generally being overpaid. I found it baffling they were the guys we chose to target and so far it has planned out predictably - they've been mediocre when available and are both currently injured.

100% agree. They deserve the lumps they will rightfully take for not addressing the OL this offseason, and Rhule(somewhat) for not addressing it in the previous offseason.

The only reason I feel better about it is that I don't think you are gonna see the same level of hubris we had under Hurney and Gettleman. I expect them to pivot and try to get better.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, DaddyDarnold said:

6th round picks have roughly a 30-35% chance of making an NFL active roster. They rarely become starters. If you would rather keep a 6th round pick than pick up Gilmore, we probably won’t agree on much beyond that. There’s a better argument to be made against swapping a 3rd for a 5th and Henderson. The plus side is you get a 2020 top 10 pick for a 3rd rounder. Obviously that is dependent on how Henderson develops. But we will see how that pans out.

I’ve read a lot of your posts of the years and I think you’re smarter than what you’re saying. I think everyone is just emotional over the loss right now. 

All I'm saying is that we've spent significant cumulative resources acquiring players at a position that wasn't a need. Those are resources that can't now be used to potentially address glaring weaknesses.