• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold might be the next one out the door

Matthias

That’s been said multiple times by people on different drafts and some drafts people says is the best of all time and they’ve been flops. 

if it’s me I’m running to the podium to draft the liberty qb or if a high quality qb in the mold of Stafford or RW becomes available I’m trading for him. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This coming draft does not look like a good one for quarterbacks.

I know. It is a bad time to need a qb but I suppose it's never a good time to need one.

Let's hope they have a plan B in mind if this experiment fails. Same goes for the oline.

I suspect the lack of available options going forward led in part to signing Sam's extension.  It gives them time to sort it out.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Seriously doubt it.

All indications are and have been that the team was happy with Darnold.

I'm sure they were. But if they were competent at all they don't count on that to be guaranteed.  It's a 50/50 shot at best. You don't hang your hat on that to work out in your favor no matter how confident you are. If you do, well good luck without a plan B.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I'm sure they were. But if they were competent at all they don't count on that to be guaranteed.  It's a 50/50 shot at best. You don't hang your hat on that to work out in your favor no matter how confident you are. If you do, well good luck without a plan B.

I am sure there is a plan b.  I dont see it but I bet deep in their minds they have an idea of what may have to happen.  However I think the staff can probably trick themselves into thinking that his play is probably a by product of how crappy the line is blocking for him.  And they probably not wrong.

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

I am sure there is a plan b.  I dont see it but I bet deep in their minds they have an idea of what may have to happen.  However I think the staff can probably trick themselves into thinking that his play is probably a by product of how crappy the line is blocking for him.  And they probably not wrong.

It is a huge part of the problem.  So much so that you can't determine for certainty what other issues they have.  It's FUBAR.  This is the first time I'm starting to question Rhule's judgment on his lineup choices. 

Yall should expect Deshaun news whenever Sam plays poorly, it was a hot story this past summer. But also, Sam playing terrible yesterday and the O Line being bad are not mutually exclusive, you all know the scouting reports on everybody out there lol

Interior line is bad, Sam turns the ball over, both need to play better for us to win bc this roster is still young and green. 

1 minute ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Yall should expect Deshaun news whenever Sam plays poorly, it was a hot story this past summer. But also, Sam playing terrible yesterday and the O Line being bad are not mutually exclusive, you all know the scouting reports on everybody out there lol

Interior line is bad, Sam turns the ball over, both need to play better for us to win bc this roster is still young and green. 

We would have to give up 3 firsts to get him.  There would be no way to improve this team by doing that and he is walking into the worst oline situation he has ever dealt with

• Flames 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

We would have to give up 3 firsts to get him.  There would be no way to improve this team by doing that and he is walking into the worst oline situation he has ever dealt with

I didn't say we should trade for Watson, I said it's gonna be news bc the Panthers were interested earlier this year. Sam needs to play better or they're gonna take the QB from Liberty .

Again, get used to the Panthers being in the news about Watson til he's actually traded somewhere.

And traits and arm talent QBs are all the rage now. Kyler, Josh Allen, Herbert, even Zach Wilson. If Trey Lance can inexplicably go 3 overall, Malik Willis is destined for QB1 in this upcoming draft and it makes sense if Sam relapses. 

Edited by ImaginaryKev