• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2015, 2021 SuperBowl, Yesterday

ncfan

Panthers fans right now.

”Sam Darnold is bad.”

“Any Other QB would have won that.”

”Great QBs Can overcome terrible OL play.”

last  years superbowl

“Mahomes effort was amazing.”

“Poor guy was getting killed, nothing he can do.”

soon after the Super Bowl 

“see what the Chiefs did for Mahomes.  See what they’re doing for their OL.”

”The Only reseason Cam doesn’t have a ring is because Remmers and the OL.”

”This front office failed Cam with this OL.”

why the narrative change?

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 6
  • Poo 5

Mahomes is a phenom at the position a Super Bowl champion and a former MVP. Sam is a third overall bust who just had another career worst performance. Yes the oline is a major problem but we do not have an Andy Reid who will walk through the door and solve our offense either.

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

Mahomes is a phenom at the position a Super Bowl champion and a former MVP. Sam is a third overall bust who just had another career worst performance. Yes the oline is a major problem but we do not have an Andy Reid who will walk through the door and solve our offense either.

But he can overcome bad OL 

or can he not.

Still didn’t answer the question.  Because many of you swore Any QB could’ve overcome terrible OL play yesterday?

Just now, ncfan said:

But he can overcome bad OL 

or can he not.

Still didn’t answer the question.  Because many of you swore Any QB could’ve overcome terrible OL play yesterday?

Look man I get you're trying to rally the troops so to speak but this is malarkey and you know it. Mahomes has intangibles our qb is distinctly lacking rn like timing rhythm and the ability to connect deep with his receivers. Even when Sam has time he is misfiring we have no deep passing game to speak of and that is also a reason why defenses are teeing off on him. Yes we all agree about the oline I've been banging the table over it for weeks despite homers here trying to explain to us why it is actually good. But the line is not the only thing that separates us from a quality offense Sam Darnold has got to play much better and get on the same page we have given him weapons.

• Beer 1

Sam played the Eagles that has one of the worst defenses in the league (theyre #19 as of now because our offense sucked yesterday) Mahomes was doing that against one of the best defenses in the league that year in the most important game of players lives. 

Are you trying to say Mahomes wouldn’t have beat the absolute poo out of this Eagles defense even with this line? Because that is laughable. Sam missed wide open players and was throwing interceptions right to defensive players. The excuses for Sam are ridiculous. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The game is done. It cannot be undone.

Time to move on.

Darnold has been good to very good in four out of five of our games so far. 

CMC will be back next week and that changes the equation in massive ways. Darnold will perform well again and the o-line will see improvements (I hope).

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Look man I get you're trying to rally the troops so to speak but this is malarkey and you know it. Mahomes has intangibles our qb is distinctly lacking rn like timing rhythm and the ability to connect deep with his receivers. Even when Sam has time he is misfiring we have no deep passing game to speak of and that is also a reason why defenses are teeing off on him. Yes we all agree about the oline I've been banging the table over it for weeks despite homers here trying to explain to us why it is actually good. But the line is not the only thing that separates us from a quality offense Sam Darnold has got to play much better and get on the same page we have given him weapons.

Not trying to rally the troops necessarily.  Just curious.

and you Are right.  Mahomes has the intangibles.  But he couldn’t over come the OL in the SuperBowl. 
So can elite QB’s overcome poor OL or not?