• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If the Panthers don’t bring in any offensive linemen for workouts this week my faith in this season will be gone.

Eazy-E

10 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Everyone was complaining about Elflein.
He gets hurt, Daley goes in,  the line performs worse.

Then everyone was complaining about Erving.
He gets hurt, Moton moves L, BC goes in right, the line performs worse.

Now we want to put another rookie on the line who, for whatever reason, has been put at the bottom of the OL depth chart?

Most of the Huddle are bunch of morons who should pool their money and buy their own team.  They can call it the 2008 Lions.  Or the pre-Stefanski Browns.  People here literally asking to trade bad for worse and then bitching when they get what they want.

News flash y'all - the oline ain't salvageable this year.  It will hold us all back.  Also, the front office is aware the oline is a dumpster fire.  They said so themselves.

Y'all can freak out if they ignore the oline with the next draft.  Anything short of that is premature.

4 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I agree that the IOL was WORSE, but the pressure appeared to come from every where and the stats support that.
FBXcwQ5UUAEHIeC?format=jpg&name=900x900

Keep in mind they ran a lot of stunts yesterday.

Pressure coming from a guy who played on the outside doesn't guarantee that it was coming against one of the tackles.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Keep in mind they ran a lot of stunts yesterday.

Pressure coming from a guy who played on the outside doesn't guarantee that it was coming against one of the tackles.

Show me the stunt here:

What I see are two tackles getting shoved backwards, as if on skates, into the QB.

2 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Show me the stunt here:

What I see are two tackles getting shoved backwards, as if on skates, into the QB.

Christensen gets pushed back there, and yeah he did that a few times yesterday but again, he's a rookie and did well overall for a rookie.

Moton didn't so much get pushed back there as he went a little too far inside. Guessing he was accounting for the guy coming out in a pattern behind him. Might be a consequence of his not being used to that side.

Both of those things are correctable, way more so than some of the interior issues.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Christensen gets pushed back there, and yeah he did that a few times yesterday but again, he's a rookie and did well overall for a rookie.

Moton didn't so much get pushed back there as he went a little too far inside. Guessing he was accounting for the guy coming out in a pattern behind him. Might be a consequence of his not being used to that side.

Both of those things are correctable, way more so than some of the interior issues.

I agree.  But in the end, the QB was sandwiched behind two DE's shoving the OTs (not a stunt)  and that was NOT the only time yesterday.      IOL was horrible, but the OT's looked bad.

We will see more stunt-less pressure as Moton and BC get acclimated.

I think the notion of BC at RT has been a big mistake.  He should have just been training at LT and when Erving went down, played at LT.

RT Moton> LT Moton

LT BC ??? RT BC

My guess is that since BC has always played LT, had we just put him there, we would be better off.  Whoever said put BC at RT f'ed up.

6 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

I agree.  But in the end, the QB was sandwiched behind two DE's shoving the OTs (not a stunt)  and that was NOT the only time yesterday.      IOL was horrible, but the OT's looked bad.

We will see more stunt-less pressure as Moton and BC get acclimated.

I think the notion of BC at RT has been a big mistake.  He should have just been training at LT and when Erving went down, played at LT.

RT Moton> LT Moton

LT BC ??? RT BC

My guess is that since BC has always played LT, had we just put him there, we would be better off.  Whoever said put BC at RT f'ed up.

Disagree. They weren't perfect yesterday, but they weren't the big problem.

I'd rather see them continue to get reps at those positions going forward, though I wouldn't scream about trying Christensen at guard.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Disagree. They weren't perfect yesterday, but they weren't the big problem.

I'd rather see them continue to get reps at those positions going forward, though I wouldn't scream about trying Christensen at guard.

I'd say allowing the pressure that resulted in a pocket collapsing on both sides and sandwiching the QB, that resulted in an int that led to points for the opponent in a game decided by 3 points, is a big problem.

You are right, they will get better as they get acclimated. 

The question is, how many games do we lose in the meantime?

34 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Show me the stunt here:

Still can't force that into double coverage from your own end zone. Joe and Sam need to be connected at the hip this week.

Edited by frankw

Just now, SBBlue said:

I'd say allowing the pressure that resulted in a pocket collapsing on both sides and sandwiching the QB, that resulted in an int that led to points for the opponent in a game decided by 3 points, is a big problem.

You are right, they will get better as they get acclimated. 

The question is, how many games do we lose in the meantime?

We've got a stretch of some winnable games, though it's fair to say yesterday was winnable too.

I still go back to saying this is a transitional season though, so for me it's not so much about the winning and the losing as it is the building.

Pretty clearly, our building needs some foundation work.