Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Opinions: CMC slot receiver


Jmac
 Share

Recommended Posts

Don't believe he can hold up at RB on a full time basis. Maybe as a slot reciever with some runs thown in. Either play him in the slot or trade him before he is broken goods. He is as good a reciever as we have out of the back field.

Second season in a row he is injured and may possibly end up on IR if the hammy doesn't improve.

Sucks that he has the kind of body makeup that can't take the constant beating. Some guys can run forever without constant injuries....appears he is not one of them.

What u got?

 

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 3
  • Poo 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I vote yay. 

Problem is my vote means nothing. Your vote means nothing. 

Rhule's vote means something.

Brady's vote means something. 

CMC's vote probably is worth 51% by itself, and I get the impression he's not into the idea.

But just on the merits of the idea, yeah I agree with you.

Edited by 1of10Charnatives
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

It’ll never happen. He’s too good of a rusher and receiver out of the backfield to just simply have him solely as a wr. 

Not solely as a WR. What good is having his talent if he isn't avaiable to play. Rather have him take 12-15 carries a game and send him out on shorter passes and crossing routes. 

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Not solely as a WR. What good is having his talent if he isn't avaiable to play. Rather have him take 12-15 carries a game and send him out on shorter passes and crossing routes. 

CMC is having a fine career and is one of only three guys to ever having 1k rushing - 1k receiving. Why would you even mess with it? It’s not like switching an old corner to safety late in his career. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Keep him at RB he’s to good of a natural runner to waist him at WR. His injury this year is not because he’s taking hits  he pulled his hammy in the open field which he could do just running routes. If we don’t want play him at RB trade him now while he still has value , I bet you the Bills or Ravens would love to have him at RB.If we was to trade we would need to pick up a RB because Hubbard dies not have the skill set of a elite back a.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Don't believe he can hold up at RB on a full time basis. Maybe as a slot reciever with some runs thown in. Either play him in the slot or trade him before he is broken goods. He is as good a reciever as we have out of the back field.

Second season in a row he is injured and may possibly end up on IR if the hammy doesn't improve.

Sucks that he has the kind of body makeup that can't take the constant beating. Some guys can run forever without constant injuries....appears he is not one of them.

What u got?

 

sounds interesting.  It would work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

CMC is having a fine career and is one of only three guys to ever having 1k rushing - 1k receiving. Why would you even mess with it? It’s not like switching an old corner to safety late in his career. 

Because the fine career keeps getting interupted with injuries that keep him out substantial portions of a season. Given that WR's take less pounding than RB's, it is not an inherently bad idea.

Also take a look at the avg career length for RB's vs WR's and then think about how long you'd like that fine career to last.

Edited by 1of10Charnatives
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Because the fine career keeps getting interupted with injuries that keep him out substantial portions of a season. Given that WR's take less pounding than RB's, it is not an inherently bad idea.

Also take a look at the avg career length for RB's vs WR's and then think about how long you'd like that fine career to last.

I’m not saying I don’t like the idea. I’m just saying that it most likely won’t happen at this stage of his career. We have Rhule and Brady who have no clue how to run an offense. I could see CMC making the switch if he was in NE with Belichick but not here. During the draft, I wanted CMC as WR and wanted Dalvin Cook in the 2nd. Instead we took a A gadget player in Curtis Samuel. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The answer is quite simple, have him do a little of both, equally. And get a another legitimate starting RB to be able choose.

I honestly don’t understand why this hasn’t been done already, having CMC running routes, or really even gamplanned. It should be…like 2 years ago.

It’s like refusing to get another goal line threat when you have Cam. It’s fuging stupid, incredibly lazy and shortens their shelf life.

 

Edited by onmyown
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Squid Game said:

I’m not saying I don’t like the idea. I’m just saying that it most likely won’t happen at this stage of his career. We have Rhule and Brady who have no clue how to run an offense. I could see CMC making the switch if he was in NE with Belichick but not here. During the draft, I wanted CMC as WR and wanted Dalvin Cook in the 2nd. Instead we took a A gadget player in Curtis Samuel. 

You want CMC as a WR but Cook as a RB I had to laugh at that, Cook can’t stay on the field with injuries we’re as CMC it’s more the coaches protecting him like a baby

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...