• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bridgewater(2020) vs. Darnold(2021) through 6 games.

kungfoodude

23 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

How many did he have with the Panthers in 2020? So....you didn't even make it through the second sentence?

Your Darnold fanboyism is obvious. Point out where I said Teddy is better than Darnold? Did you even read any of the posts in this thread or did you just get up in your feels and lash out?

They have both performed pretty similarly through 6 games in their Panthers careers. The results for Teddy got him ejected from the franchise. Don't be surprised when you see similar or worse results from Darnold that also get him walking papers after 2021. 

I am not a fanboy of Darnold and am pissed we lost on Sunday. I am also not happy at all with the offense or Brady or even Snow letting them March down the field in overtime. Still I understand that even probowler QBs who switch teams struggle at first. And we all knew Darnold is far from a probowler. So is he were I thought he would be. Yeah. Is he were I hoped he would be? No.

2 minutes ago, KSpan said:

Eh, there's zero chance Teddy pulls off that 97 yard drive from last week. I think the best summation thus far has been that Darnold's capability is notably higher but floor is notably lower, and we're much more towards the floor at the moment.

Teddy is currently in Denver and has crashed back to earth now that there is a few weeks of film on him and the offense again. I'm still very glad he's gone but man, short of that last drive on Sunday Sam sure seems to be trending sharply down.

Teddy is the same in Denver as he was here. There isn't really a crash at all, just a change in opponent strength. He is who he has always been. A game manager that can only manage an offense and nothing else.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I'm not saying that Darnold is going to magically improve but those 4 guys are all HOF tier, came from thriving and stable systems in their prior stops, and changed teams very late in their careers vs Sam who is still only 24 and coming from Gase's Jets. IMO the situations are not comparable at all. 

It was in direct response to p55 saying even the great ones having growing pains in their first year in new systems. Then he named Johnny Unitas and Joe Namath lol

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

I am not a fanboy of Darnold and am pissed we lost on Sunday. I am also not happy at all with the offense or Brady or even Snow letting them March down the field in overtime. Still I understand that even probowler QBs who switch teams struggle at first. And we all knew Darnold is far from a probowler. So is he were I thought he would be. Yeah. Is he were I hoped he would be? No.

You can invent whatever false scenario you want in your head to justify your hope in this kid. It isn't going to make it easier as the season progresses and you see what is about to transpire. I'm sure some will be back in when he has a great game(which statistically he should have at least one) but the rest is going to be mediocre to bad....because that is what his entire career has been. 

I get how seductive the idea of Darnold's age and his talent are, I really do. But you just simply have to watch the film and games to see that isn't what is going on at all. He is just as incapable of consistently processing what he is seeing as he has always been. If you can't improve that this deep into your career(and he hasn't at all), the most likely scenario is that you just don't have that ability. 

He isn't the first and he won't be the last QB that has that problem.

5 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

bruh that was half a century ago

peyton went 13-3 with broncos first year

favre made nfccg with vikings

tom brady won the fuging super bowl with bucs

joe montana made the afccg with the chiefs

darnold is a bust. he's not going to improve

Again you expect that great QBs would be great on any team. Who said Darnold was great. I just pointed out that it isn't a guarantee. Many guys also struggled changing systems. Matt Ryan struggled his first year under Kyle Shannahan in 2015 and went to the playoffs in 2016. There are tons more examples. 

I don’t get it. Unless Darnold starts progressing fast, why would anyone WANT to try it again with him next year. When he is bad he is real bad, and defenses know putting pressure on him is the way to beat us. I think he is a nice guy and a tough football player. He just shouldn’t be our QB1 if he keeps playing like this….

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t get it. Unless Darnold starts progressing fast, why would anyone WANT to try it again with him next year. When he is bad he is real bad, and defenses know putting pressure on him is the way to beat us. I think he is a nice guy and a tough football player. He just shouldn’t be our QB1 if he keeps playing like this….

African American Reaction GIF

• Flames 1

Let me be blunt for those that are somehow interpreting this thread as a defense of Teddy. It is most certainly not. 

I am showing that Darnold is as bad or worse than Teddy, the guy we all(or almost all) agreed needed to be shown the door. That's my point. That's where this whole Darnold experiment is headed.

• Beer 1

20 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Seems the obsessed folks or maybe butt hurt fans are those who expected Sam to come in here and light it up day 1 as if he was an all pro before he got here. Anyone who figured he would be great right ahead don't have a clue. Those who think we should dump him now are even more clueless.

Don’t compare me to those fans. I never like Donald to begin with. He was bad with the Jets he’s bad with us. But you keep being a fanboy. And I’ll keep laughing every single time he fails. Darnold is a terrible football player. I never should’ve been traded this team. But I’ll admit. I don’t blame him being traded to us. That’s Rhules and the GMs fault. 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Teddy is the same in Denver as he was here. There isn't really a crash at all, just a change in opponent strength. He is who he has always been. A game manager that can only manage an offense and nothing else.

No disagreement here, and perhaps my word choice is shaded by the direct contact I have with Denver fans who were convinced he was the second coming of Peyton out there after those first 3 games. I told them to give it until weeks 5 and 6 when some film was out there and competition was greater... lo and behold, there they are.

• Flames 2

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

And how does Tepper feel about giving Rhule 2 Free Agent QB picks back to back years and he couldn't magically coach up either one? I don't see how Rhule gets a 3rd chance on another QB

7 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

It was in direct response to p55 saying even the great ones having growing pains in their first year in new systems. Then he named Johnny Unitas and Joe Namath lol

I said even some of the great ones struggle not all. Obviously Brady didn't neither did Manning. But what about guys like Jay Cutler who went to Chicago. First year they went 7-9. Year 2 he played 15 games and then went 10-5. That might be a better example. But either way Darnold is a work in process and I think if he is here next year he will be more successful. But right now not too happy with any part of the team.