Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

Offensive Line


Recommended Posts

Just now, Snake said:

 Clemson could probably pressure Darnald terrible. 

Can we not talk about Clemson right now ole Dabo bout to have to swap thangs up right quick with that non transfer mentality and the anti pay doodie he is on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Um I can do that now. Everyone not named Moton. No matter what combination we put it's been terrible. Not ok terrible either, like Alabama and Clemson could probably pressure Darnald terrible. 

No, they couldn't.

3 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Moton

I think Brown and BC will be around too. Maybe Daley. Possibly Miller, as well. I can't see why he was brought back but he was. Maybe they like him for some reason. What about Paradis? Last year of his deal but we will actually need someone to replace him. Starting centers don't grow on trees.

The truth is, I guarantee it will be way more of them than we want to see back.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, kungfoodude said:

No, they couldn't.

I think Brown and BC will be around too. Maybe Daley. Possibly Miller, as well. I can't see why he was brought back but he was. Maybe they like him for some reason. What about Paradis? Last year of his deal but we will actually need someone to replace him. Starting centers don't grow on trees.

The truth is, I guarantee it will be way more of them than we want to see back.

 

Daley and Miller are terrible. Paradise has been terrible on a contract year... Yes BC and Brown will be back but we need more than that. Hurney really screwed us with letting go of all our talent and replacing it with nothing. Good news is we can't get much worse. 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

What line up do we expect to see on Sunday? What line up do you WANT to see on Sunday?

I'll take Erving, BC, Paradis, Brown and Moton. Give me some combination of those dudes for just one game. My God.....we fuging started a literal couch free agent in Michael Jordan this past week. WTF do we have to lose?

Well it can't be Brown

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No, they couldn't.

I think Brown and BC will be around too. Maybe Daley. Possibly Miller, as well. I can't see why he was brought back but he was. Maybe they like him for some reason. What about Paradis? Last year of his deal but we will actually need someone to replace him. Starting centers don't grow on trees.

The truth is, I guarantee it will be way more of them than we want to see back.

Hopefully they are back as backups.

I think the C is going to be found in the draft and is worth picking one up there. Hope that Christensen is good and put him somewhere. With a legit C the interior play improves all around like when Kalil was here and healthy he helped make Turner/Norwell look better and they haven't looked as good since even though they aren't scrubs that's how it works with elite C play it elevates the rest of the line.

We were definitely "spoiled" in that regard as we never had to worry about C since 2009

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Snake said:

Daley and Miller are terrible. Paradise has been terrible on a contract year... Yes BC and Brown will be back but we need more than that. Hurney really screwed us with letting go of all our talent and replacing it with nothing. Good news is we can't get much worse. 

I mean....we really can't blame the OL on Hurney anymore. That is a Rhule/Fitt thing now. We knew we had a bad line last season and "improved" it by handing out bad contracts to Erving and Elflein, then drafting two OL that have played a combined 75 offensive snaps on one of the worst units in the NFL.

Hurney left us with some poo, that is for sure but look how quickly that defense got built from nothing. The OL falls squarely on Rhule. They thought they could make chicken salad out of chicken poo and we are currently eating mayo infused poo sandwiches as a result.

  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Hopefully they are back as backups.

I think the C is going to be found in the draft and is worth picking one up there. Hope that Christensen is good and put him somewhere. With a legit C the interior play improves all around like when Kalil was here and healthy he helped make Turner/Norwell look better and they haven't looked as good since even though they aren't scrubs that's how it works with elite C play it elevates the rest of the line.

We were definitely "spoiled" in that regard as we never had to worry about C since 2009

I think we are gonna see some massive holes in the OL just because there is basically only one clear block to build from and that is Moton. It is basically impossible with little to no draft capital in 2022 for us to handle it in the draft. Signing in free agency can get expensive if you want quality players.

I just hope we don't find out that our coaches and FO don't know how to properly evaluate offensive linemen. That is definitely a big fear I have.

  • Pie 3
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Signing in free agency can get expensive if you want quality players.

I think they're going to find that out for any guard, center, or tackle no matter how good they are. Every agent will know the Panthers are desperate to upgrade and will take advantage of that fact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Creed already the best center in the league. Should have drafted him in the second, we traded down and still passed him up. Chiefs also took trey smith in the 6th when he was sitting right there for us. They had the draft we should have had. Pisses me off.

 

 

Edited by CPF4LIFE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Creed already the best center in the league. Should have drafted him in the second, we traded down and still passed him up. Chiefs also took trey smith in the 6th when he was sitting right there for us. They had the draft we should have had. Pisses me off.

 

 

The Cheifs have a pretty solid backup center, we should trade for him if he won't see snaps in KC. Was projected to start before Creed shocked everyone in camp. Anything is an upgrade over Paradis at this point.

Edited by BlackPanther21_
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

I think they're going to find that out for any guard, center, or tackle no matter how good they are. Every agent will know the Panthers are desperate to upgrade and will take advantage of that fact.

Plus the market is going up for quality OL. Looks like there is a relatively thin pool of quality free agents this upcoming offseason and mostly older players. So, there are gonna be some tough decisions. 

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...