• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alec Baldwin

Brooklyn 3.0

I saw that this morning.  Absolutely tragic.  This is why you have people in charge of props and especially weapons.  Why was a live round in the gun?  As a theatre person, educator, whatever, I'm always triple checking safety when dealing with anything that could cause injury.

It's just terrible because the DP he accidently killed was an up and comer.  Just crap.

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

I saw that this morning.  Absolutely tragic.  This is why you have people in charge of props and especially weapons.  Why was a live round in the gun?  As a theatre person, educator, whatever, I'm always triple checking safety when dealing with anything that could cause injury.

It's just terrible because the DP he accidently killed was an up and comer.  Just crap.

From the rumors, the type of firearm they were using was probably an actual antique gun, one that requires the person to fully cock the hammer, but if the hammer isn’t pulled back into place all the way it will slam back with enough force to fire the gun.

Deadline said they were in rehearsal for a scene, and that the deceased was shot in the stomach and the director in the shoulder. Which makes me wonder if it was a flint shotgun. But perhaps it could have been a six shooter.

That leads me to wonder two things. Who was the armorer/safety person on set, and why the fug did they have a loaded gun in rehearsal, even if it was blanks. Even if the facts are inaccurate it being a hammer issue on a gun makes sense to me in this situation. They need to do a thorough investigation of all props/safety people on set in this situation. 

Baldwin being a huge Anti-NRA and Gun Control advocate I’m sure this is going to have an unbelievable huge impact on him. 

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

A prop gun shouldn't even be able to fire a real bullet. Simply insane.

They’ll use real guns a lot of sets especially in historical films. Unless I’ve missed something, there’s no reason to believe it was a real bullet yet. It could have been a freak accident with blanks at close range. 

And the plot thickens. Bad working conditions, the gun has misfired 3 times before this instance.

I’m really beginning to wonder if this was sabotage. Knew the gun was faulty, walked off set, perhaps put live ammo in the gun on the way out. Nobody checked it. I have no idea why any A-crew star would be using live ammo, much less in rehearsal. Let the B-crew deal with the live ammo shots with trained professionals. But who the fug knows. 

Everything is pointing to this gun being a seriously old firearm. Probably from someone’s personal collection that was hired specifically for this. Thats the first  person I’d be looking at in any case. 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-22/alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

“Hours before actor Alec Baldwin fatally shot a cinematographer on the New Mexico set of “Rust” with a prop gun, a half-dozen camera crew workers walked off the set to protest working conditions.“

“There were two misfires on the prop gun on Saturday and one the previous week, the person said, adding “there was a serious lack of safety meetings on this set.””

In an email to its members, Local 44 of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees, a union that represents prop masters, said the shot that killed Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza on Thursday was “a live single round.

Edited by Harbingers

Wow...just freaking wow.

I thought it was pretty gross for this stuff from anyone.  Someone died.  Someone who had a full life, career and creative vision ahead of her.  

Fug Alec Baldwin.  He's a rich movie star.  Sometimes he's funny and worth watching, others not.  Taunting him is in pretty bad taste considering that this was completely preventable and still under investigation.

What it seems like too many people do is they forget the victims of gun violence while they lord their points over each other.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, d-dave said:

Wow...just freaking wow.

I thought it was pretty gross for this stuff from anyone.  Someone died.  Someone who had a full life, career and creative vision ahead of her.  

Fug Alec Baldwin.  He's a rich movie star.  Sometimes he's funny and worth watching, others not.  Taunting him is in pretty bad taste considering that this was completely preventable and still under investigation.

What it seems like too many people do is they forget the victims of gun violence while they lord their points over each other.

I made a TB thread about this.

Basically, I was semi-joking, semi-serious (akin to an Onion article) that conspiracy theorists are bound to say this was a staged event and no one actually got hurt, all being a plot to take your guns away from you.