• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

When did you give up on Matt Rhule?

5 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

One thing was obvious when Cam was done was that this was going to be a long rebuild, no denying that. 

However, making the moves we did for Teddy and Sam was pure arrogance. This was a group of people thought they could paper over the cracks. This was never gonna be a half ass job but a patient rebuild. I do not mind a year or two of sucking if it means we are doing the proper steps to get there. But spending precious cap space and draft capital on mediocre to terrible vet QBs is the height of incompetence. 

So no, I don't think they deserve the "at least you tried badge" for this show.

I agree with Teddy.. but Sam had elite QB traits and younger then Joe Burrows... Teddy was going into year 8 and 28 years old.. Also it's a fact most Scouts in the league had Sam as a top 5 pick in this years draft... Teddy was never top 5 pick quality..

The move made some sense... It worked for Greenbay with Bret Farve and San Fran with Steve Young.. 

Young QB with skills not making on his original team and going to a new team being good has happened in NFL history before.. It just sucks that it won't work out for us..

Edited by WOW!!

Yeah, Teddy doesn't have the arm to be a Top 5 pick, compared to Sam, in that way. He was always going to be a Joey Pennington type QB. Super accurate, but arm strength being a major flaw. 

Both Sam and Teddy clearly need a strong running game to have a successful offense. I feel like Sam needs a play action style offense to succeed and Teddy needs to be in a west coast zone run system that keeps the chains short and lets the run game do the work while he just keeps the ball moving.

Just now, WOW!! said:

I agree with Teddy.. but Sam had elite QB traits and younger then Joe Burrows... Teddy was going into year 8 and 28 years old.. Also it's a fact most Scouts in the league had Sam as a top 5 pick in this years draft... Teddy was never top 5 pick quality..

And nearly 4 years of tape showed why Sam was never going to work. Yet, somehow, somewhere they thought he would do better here. Where we still have no OL and an injury prone RB who is 90% of our offense?

There wasnt even a if a good deal for those in reality.

Maybe if Sam was picked off the waivers. Maybe if we just gave up a 4th and 6th round pick. Maybe if we went into the 2020 draft saying we are going to invest heavy in the OL or draft a rookie back up just to cover our bases. Maybe if we didnt pick his 5th year option

If all or one of these were done this could have been a decent idea, but somehow this crew did the most expensive and damaging option and if reports/rumors are right they aren't done yet.

19 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

At this point do not feel near as bad as I did when Teddy threw them under the bus. Brady needs to go under that bus and be ran over repeatedly. He is going to be here until Rhule is fired or he gets a HC gig. As long as Rhule wants to stay connected to Brady he can go under the bus as well. 

I concur 100% on Brady. I am not sure what to do, but something has to be done. Whether by Rhule, or self reflection. Brady needs to help Sam, and not hang him out to dry.

Get Sam some easy completions, then let's see what we can do. 

And of course, hope CMC gets back.

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

I concur 100% on Brady. I am not sure what to do, but something has to be done. Whether by Rhule, or self reflection. Brady needs to help Sam, and not hang him out to dry.

Get Sam some easy completions, then let's see what we can do. 

And of course, hope CMC gets back.

Rhule already stated he does not believe in firing his coordinators  aka his college buddies. Brady will be here until we light it on fire.

Just now, firefox1234 said:

And nearly 4 years of tape showed why Sam was never going to work. Yet, somehow, somewhere they thought he would do better here. Where we still have no OL and an injury prone RB who is 90% of our offense?

There wasnt even a if a good deal for those in reality.

Maybe if Sam was picked off the waivers. Maybe if we just gave up a 4th and 6th round pick. Maybe if we went into the 2020 draft saying we are going to invest heavy in the OL or draft a rookie back up just to cover our bases. Maybe if we didnt pick his 5th year option

If all or one of these were done this could have been a decent idea, but somehow this crew did the most expensive and damaging option and if reports/rumors are right they aren't done yet.

4 years on a horribly run team.. Cool go by that tape.. Payton had 4 years of tape on Jamie's and still thinks he can fix him... And reality is you only gave up a 2nd round pick.. For a person with top 5 draft talent and still very young... At the end of day I'm not mad at the move just the results..

• Pie 1

Just now, WOW!! said:

4 years on a horribly run team.. Cool go by that tape.. Payton had 4 years of tape on Jamie's and still thinks he can fix him... And reality is you only gave up a 2nd round pick.. For a person with top 5 draft talent and still very young... At the end of day I'm not mad at the move just the results..

I forgot we are a good team....better than the Jets but that is definitely not the banner I want on my porch.

I am mad at the move because there was a high probability these would be the results.

How well does a rebuilding team do wasting draft capital and cap space in your books?

I haven't given up on Rhule, yet. However, up until yesterday I was open minded and listened to his coach speak with optimism. Now, he's on a strict prove it to me, show me type probation. I really don't care to hear his preacher man motivational speaker bit any more...I'm done. 

16 hours ago, Captroop said:

I haven't. We don't have the pieces to win. And I'd rather give him time to build a program than start ANOTHER rebuild after 2 years. People need more patience. 

I remember a quote from John Fox from the Super Bowl season documentary. He was talking to a ref on the sideline and the ref was complimenting the fact that the team had a running game that year. Fox said they added running backs and "upgraded the whole line." The ref added that the defense still looked great. Fox said, "Well we addressed that last year, and this year in the off-season we addressed the offense...Hey, it doesn't happen overnight."

And I think that's where we are. We're a season away. We have the punishing defense. We need to "upgrade the line" and need an off-season to "address the offense."

Maybe Sam is just our Rodney Peete. We just need to find our Jake in the off-season as well.

Point is, we're building something. And I'm not nearly bearish on Rhule yet. 

This

5 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

I forgot we are a good team....better than the Jets but that is definitely not the banner I want on my porch.

I am mad at the move because there was a high probability these would be the results.

How well does a rebuilding team do wasting draft capital and cap space in your books?

Again your opinion... I think we are a better run team with more talent on the roster and a onwer with deeper  pockets then the jets... If you think we're the jets cool..

Adam Gase wasn't going to be hired by any other team.. Rhule was either 1 to 3 top coaching prospect teams wanted.. 

Our GM has killed it this offseason whether it shows up on the field right now or not.. 

You can change up what you thought weeks ago if want.. But reality is most here loved most of the moves this offseason and thought we were on the right path until this 4 week losing streak... Alot ppl here forget we are STILL A REBUILDING TEAM IN YEAR 2.. We weren't going to be a finished team this year.. We still have major holes that couldn't be fixed in a year.. Just because your expectations change because 3 wins doesn't mean any of that change..

Just now, WOW!! said:

Again your opinion... I think we are a better run team with more talent on the roster and a onwer with deeper  pockets then the jets... If you think we're the jets cool..

Adam Gase wasn't going to be hired by any other team.. Rhule was either 1 to 3 top coaching prospect teams wanted.. 

Our GM has killed it this offseason whether it shows up on the field right now or not.. 

You can change up what you thought weeks ago if want.. But reality is most here loved most of the moves this offseason and thought we were on the right path until this 4 week losing streak... Alot ppl here forget we are STILL A REBUILDING TEAM IN YEAR 2.. We weren't going to be a finished team this year.. We still have major holes that couldn't be fixed in a year.. Just because your expectations change because 3 wins doesn't mean any of that change..

I think the Jets are the only team that ever actually expressed interest in Matt Rhule.  Rest was just media talk.   We seem to be in this weird space when it comes to the Jets.  We need to coach they wanted.  We need their QB.  Their WR.  Maybe whatever the Jets think, have touched, etc......we should stay far far away from. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I think the Jets are the only team that ever actually expressed interest in Matt Rhule.  Rest was just media talk.   We seem to be in this weird space when it comes to the Jets.  We need to coach they wanted.  We need their QB.  Their WR.  Maybe whatever the Jets think, have touched, etc......we should stay far far away from. 

The Giants and another team did as well.. That wasn't just media talk..

Edited by WOW!!

17 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

I tried to give him a chance, but this offseason he blew it. Drafting a cornerback instead of Slater or Fields was a dumbshit move that tanked our season. Also trading a 2nd + more for a QB that's in the same tier as Teddy was also fuging terrible.

Not drafting Slater was a hideous gaff. Then cutting Greer in favor of his Temple boy was another silly gaff, boy, could we use Greer now. Fitts needs to trade Brady for Greer before the deadline.