• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Monday's presser: Double down on Foxball

trueblade

7 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

We really should have tried to pry Gardner Minshew from the Jags in the offseason to back up Darnold. He's currently the 3rd string QB for the Eagles behind Hurts and Flacco. We don't even have a 3rd string QB on our roster. It's not saying much, but I think Garder is better than either of our guys. I think we'd be above. 500 with him. You guys think it's too late to try to trade for him?

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MinsGa00.htm

Check out his stats and pay attention to the INTS (or lack of them) while playing for a terrible franchise the past two seasons.

I would take Gardner over PJ every day of the week. PJ is only on a roster because he is friends with the head coach. 

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well what do you expect him to do? Start PJ? That isn't better.

He doesn't have any options on the roster. Until those other options present themselves(Watson or trade or FA signing) these are the two turds we have. That's it.

I was responding to the notion that Rhule has given up on Darnold. Having Rhule permanently benching Darnold would say to me that he’s given up on Darnold. 

15 minutes ago, Manna said:

I greatly apologize for triggering you by my comment. 

rhules comments ever since signing Darnold has heavily indicated that he wants to coddle him. By saying that he wants to run more is saying he wants more off Sam’s plate, indicating that he knows it won’t take much to cause Darnold to “regress.” This also indicates that he knows they messed up on the trade and is trying to salvage what he can knowing they gave up a 2nd rounder for Darnold. By coddling Darnold it “lessens” the blow of darnold making mistakes, thus, making it look like a good trade. 

poo boy i'm laughing not triggered

and nope nope and nope

none of that made any sense at all. doesn't lessen anything and words don't make trades look any better or worse

7 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Basic definitions lol. These people clearly never actually ran into someone who was.

Coddled people don't get benched or have anything bad said about them at all. Saw that poo in HS it's always someone elses fault etc. He clearly brought up Darnolds mechanics and timing and decisions. Its even funnier when its obvious who ain't even watch it.

The most interesting part was about the play-calling...read between the lines there but yet no ones interested they are easily and happily manipulated by some quote above a static picture. Rhule isn't all in on either of those two that was clear.

Yeah, they are all but saying, "Hey, we fuged this up and there isn't much we can do to fix it. This guy sucks."

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 3

6 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Basic definitions lol. These people clearly never actually ran into someone who was.

Coddled people don't get benched or have anything bad said about them at all. Saw that poo in HS it's always someone elses fault etc. He clearly brought up Darnolds mechanics and timing and decisions. Its even funnier when its obvious who ain't even watch it.

The most interesting part was about the play-calling...read between the lines there but yet no ones interested they are easily and happily manipulated by some quote above a static picture. Rhule isn't all in on either of those two that was clear.

Rhule knows he is about to have to go into mitgation mode in the near future for the clusterfug of a season he is about to have.   That's what is becoming clear by the why he is tweaking his talking.   He is going to have to start throwing people under the bus for his own sake.   That's what NFL guys do.    

What bodies and when will be the question.  Which story for the blame will make him look the least bad. 

6 minutes ago, Manna said:

I was responding to the notion that Rhule has given up on Darnold. Having Rhule permanently benching Darnold would say to me that he’s given up on Darnold. 

He has given up on Darnold. The problem is there isn't an option other than Darnold.

He knows it, Brady knows it, the owner knows it, his teammates know it. It's written on their faces,  it's obvious in their actions/reactions and they are all but stating it publicly. 

• Pie 2

Just now, CRA said:

Rhule knows he is about to have to go into mitgation mode in the near future for the clusterfug of a season he is about to have.   That's what is becoming clear by the why he is tweaking his talking.   He is going to have to start throwing people under the bus for his own sake.   That's what NFL guys do.    

What bodies and when will be the question.  Which story for the blame will make him look the least bad. 

We have a wild card in Tepper...they talked about a 5 year plan and this and that and he got a long contract....we really don't know what Tepper is saying in his ear. Tepper is a guy who is paying attention and is heavily invested in this so for all we know he could just 100% have Rhules back.

Rhule talks fairly candidly about poo that most other coaches don't. I chalked that up to ignorance and being a newb but maybe he's just that comfortable...I don't know that I am with here but I am not saying you will be wrong. It hinges on Tepper and if they are actually trying to stick with any sort of rebuilding plan still.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He has given up on Darnold. The problem is there isn't an option other than Darnold.

He knows it, Brady knows it, the owner knows it, his teammates know it. It's written on their faces,  it's obvious in their actions/reactions and they are all but stating it publicly. 

Just to clarify, I too have given up on Darnold. He was put in a bad situation, probably not much better than his situation with the Jets. 
He can say what he wants publicly, but until then, I’ll believe he’s moved on when Darnold is out of the lineup permanently, and it doesn’t matter to me who he starts. 

4 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

We have a wild card in Tepper...they talked about a 5 year plan and this and that and he got a long contract....we really don't know what Tepper is saying in his ear. Tepper is a guy who is paying attention and is heavily invested in this so for all we know he could just 100% have Rhules back.

Rhule talks fairly candidly about poo that most other coaches don't. I chalked that up to ignorance and being a newb but maybe he's just that comfortable...I don't know that I am with here but I am not saying you will be wrong. It hinges on Tepper and if they are actually trying to stick with any sort of rebuilding plan still.

Football is football.  A season like this will demand sacrifces to the football gods.   Tepper having his back won't change that.   That's just the NFL. 

Tepper is going to want butts in the seat.   Merch off the shelves.  Tepper needs the masses to believe a successful rebuild is in the works.   Just life of the NFL.   If things stay the current course, people will lose jobs.  Fair or unfair, blame is going to be placed on select folks as they exit.