• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orlovsky on Darnold

CRA

Just now, CRA said:

Well as he points out.  That isn’t what is actually happening on all these plays he is referencing.  It’s Sam out of whack.  And the right throw isn’t made that exists and could be made.  He just fugs the works up. 

That's not what was implied, I don't think.

I believe that Sam believes(and rightly so) that he would get sacked the moment he slows down his drop back.

Basically, he's ready to run from the moment the ball is snapped and that's not conducive to Good QB'ing.

51 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Good video

we are stuck with him 

need to get the best we can out of him 

wonder if any of the offensive coaches have mentioned this or tried to correct it 

In fairness, l’m sure they have worked on a lot of them.  But they can’t be expected to fix all his in an offseason….and have him behind that OL.  

the claim they were going to fix him never was believable.  You can’t fix a broken QB behind a bad OL.   

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, CRA said:

On fairness, l’m sure they have worked on a lot of them.  But they can’t expected to fix all his in an offseason….and have him behind an OL.  

the claim they were going to fix him never was believable.  You CAN'T fix a broken QB behind a bad OL. 

fixed.

19 minutes ago, frankw said:

Some Panthers fans basically celebrated the demise of Newton's career here. Tried to tell them what awaits...

That's a bit of a reach. Many fans were concerned that Cam wanted a big extension coming off multiple years of injuries. In the meantime, he got near the league minimum last year and this year he's sitting on his couch.

31 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

That's not what was implied, I don't think.

I believe that Sam believes(and rightly so) that he would get sacked the moment he slows down his drop back.

Basically, he's ready to run from the moment the ball is snapped and that's not conducive to Good QB'ing.

but then point becomes when Sam actually has what he needs and everyone does their job….Sam fails out of belief everything won’t work out. 

and that’s why he should be backup somewhere working out all his flaws.  As this is just one of them.