• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Orlovsky on Darnold

CRA

This clown is still talking about Darnold's "talent" saying he'sore talented than anyone in the 2022 class. Sorry, he's going into his 5th NFL season and he's still trash. The "talent" is no longer relevant. He's just not a good NFL QB. At some point Orlovsky has to stop tripling and quadrupling down on being wrong about Sam Darnold. NFL teams should follow suit.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This clown is still talking about Darnold's "talent" saying he'sore talented than anyone in the 2022 class. Sorry, he's going into his 5th NFL season and he's still trash. The "talent" is no longer relevant. He's just not a good NFL QB. At some point Orlovsky has to stop tripling and quadrupling down on being wrong about Sam Darnold. NFL teams should follow suit.

If I'm being fair last year was not all about him and more to do about Rhule and Brady. Who the hell trades a second for damaged goods while not giving him a line to protect him? Darnald is still not going to pan out even after that but boy did they set him up for failure. I have no problem starting the season with Darnald if we pick up a LT in the first but I also don't want Rhule here so that kinda works out for me. 

On 10/26/2021 at 5:42 PM, glenwo2 said:

That's actually....a valid point.   Sadly.

He's probably thinking that if he takes too long in dropping back, he'll have a defender basically teabagging him the moment he stops his dropback.   

Sam sucks donkey dong but once again it all comes down to the O-Line being a bag of dongs, too.

No wonder we're in the mix for Watson...

What a f*cking mess this is...

If he held that throw longer, it's a sack.  That left DE is free when he starts his throwing motion.

Sam will finish up here and move on to being a backup QB somewhere else. He just doesn't understand offense and defense at the NFL level. If we downloaded a working brain into his empty head his passing still isn't that good. Rock bottom football IQ + mediocre passing by NFL standards = 18 million down the drain this season.

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

Sam will finish up here and move on to being a backup QB somewhere else. He just doesn't understand offense and defense at the NFL level. If we downloaded a working brain into his empty head his passing still isn't that good. Rock bottom football IQ + mediocre passing by NFL standards = 18 million down the drain this season.

I feel bad for him. He’s basically had below average coaching his entire career. The staff at USC was terrible while he was there. Then Gase was obviously a disaster. Then he comes here and it honestly looks like Joe Brady is completely in over his head. 

I’m assuming McAdoo doesn’t want to try to resurrect his career so he’s got his eye on a rookie. But Darnold does have talent. We saw it firsthand in the first few games. The problem isn’t the talent it’s the mentals. His footwork gets shaky, he forces bad throws. Idt you can fix that. That’s confidence and the best NFL QBs don’t care about their mistakes. They just move on and make a play the next time. His mistakes just seem to compound. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, unicar15 said:

I feel bad for him. He’s basically had below average coaching his entire career. The staff at USC was terrible while he was there. Then Gase was obviously a disaster. Then he comes here and it honestly looks like Joe Brady is completely in over his head. 

I’m assuming McAdoo doesn’t want to try to resurrect his career so he’s got his eye on a rookie. But Darnold does have talent. We saw it firsthand in the first few games. The problem isn’t the talent it’s the mentals. His footwork gets shaky, he forces bad throws. Idt you can fix that. That’s confidence and the best NFL QBs don’t care about their mistakes. They just move on and make a play the next time. His mistakes just seem to compound. 

Sam does things that I can't explain and it drives me crazy. He'll look right at his primary read, who is wide open, and then move to his next reads for no good reason. Had he not done that so many times he actually might have had a decent chance at getting another season here as the starter.

Watching Sam throw the deep ball last season was just sad. Even if Sam got the mental part of his game down I have doubts that he be more than a lower tier game manager.

2 minutes ago, pantherj said:

There is a part of me that feels sorry for Sam even with all the money he's made for not doing much. He's a quiet humble guy and it's easy to like him, but he's just not bright enough to be a QB. There is something sort of sad about that.

I don't think it's an intelligence issue, I just don't think his mind is wired right. Football is about reaction. If you're actively thinking after the snap you're too slow. It's about just being able to flow on instinct without consciously thinking. I don't think he can do it. That's why he panics. He's trying to think and then when he realizes it's falling apart around him and he can't consciously keep up he just panics. It don't think that necessarily means that he's dumb.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think it's an intelligence issue, I just don't think his mind is wired right. Football is about reaction. If you're actively thinking after the snap you're too slow. It's about just being able to flow on instinct without consciously thinking. I don't think he can do it. That's why he panics. He's trying to think and then when he realizes it's falling apart around him and he can't consciously keep up he just panics. It don't think that necessarily means that he's dumb.

Yeah I think that's a better way of putting. Like Sam could be amazing in some other profession, but making quick decisions is just not something he can do. He doesn't process visual information quickly enough, and that makes him mentally deficient as a QB. On the other hand, it could be that he is also just all around dumb and so he hasn't learned enough in the film room and in practice. Could be both, that's how badly he plays.

Sadly, Sam Darnold has shown an  inability to find second or third options consistently, which is one of the hallmarks of good QB play.

Making good decisions and throwing accurately are two other big ones and both have been problems for Darnold going back to his time in college.

In many respects, Darnold is still that same prospect he was coming out of USC. Only he’s a few years older and a bit more expensive.

Edited by KatsAzz

26 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Dan Orlovsky: Panthers QB Sam Darnold is more talented than 2022 draft class

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2022/03/26/dan-orlovsky-panthers-qb-sam-darnold-2022-draft/

On 10/26/2021 at 8:32 PM, Waldo said:

This needs to be the auto reply for any and all Sam Darnold related posts that attempt to downplay how bad he is.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1