• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tua Tagovailoa

Squid Game

1 hour ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

People were saying the same thing about Cam. Back there were several huddlers who wanted to roll with Jimmy Clausen and draft Marcell Dareus first overall. You gotta take chances on QBs. Not every one is gonna be a prospect like Trevor Lawrence.

Not ones that can't throw the ball. Cam was/is one-of-a-kind. He's a freakshow athlete at the NFL level. Everyone already knew that going into the draft. The question was whether he could be a passable QB. Malik Willis is...not an elite athlete. He's good, but he doesn't have the kind of otherworldly athleticism that Cam had. He single-handedly dominated college football that year. Malik Willis is dropping games to ULM.

1 hour ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

People were saying the same thing about Cam. Back there were several huddlers who wanted to roll with Jimmy Clausen and draft Marcell Dareus first overall. You gotta take chances on QBs. Not every one is gonna be a prospect like Andrew Luck. 

52 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Not ones that can't throw the ball. Cam was/is one-of-a-kind. He's a freakshow athlete at the NFL level. Everyone already knew that going into the draft. The question was whether he could be a passable QB. Malik Willis is...not an elite athlete. He's good, but he doesn't have the kind of otherworldly athleticism that Cam had. He single-handedly dominated college football that year. Malik Willis is dropping games to ULM.

I would trade down in the draft. Try my best to get a 2nd round and take Spencer Rattler. I still like the kid more than any of these QBs in next year’s draft and think he has a ton of potential. He just need to be in the right system. 

Edited by Squid Game

9 hours ago, catnip said:

What would it take to get Mimshew to Carolina ?  Jake was not a top QB but he had grit and a will to win .  I just don't see that in Darnald .  Mimshew is not a bad QB and at least could beat PJ as the backup and maybe replace Darnald .

Please shut up with the Minshew talks. What the heck is wrong with Panthers fans’ obsession with trash quarterbacks?

• Flames 3
  • Poo 1

On 10/27/2021 at 10:01 PM, Smittymoose said:

People have forgotten. That Auburn team was either barely ranked or just outside of the top 25 in the preseason that year. They weren't a great team. Cam Superman'd that team to a national championship.

• Flames 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

People have forgotten. That Auburn team was either barely ranked or just outside of the top 25 in the preseason that year. They weren't a good team. Can Superman'd that team to a national championship.

Cam and Joe burrow were must see games when they were in college.  Thats about the only 2 qb's I can say that about and I watch a lot of college football.  Both of those dudes were like some marvel character playing football

• Pie 1

40 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Cam and Joe burrow were must see games when they were in college.  Thats about the only 2 qb's I can say that about and I watch a lot of college football.  Both of those dudes were like some marvel character playing football

I'd put Manziel there too. Johnny Football was pure entertainment.

• Pie 1

48 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

People have forgotten. That Auburn team was either barely ranked or just outside of the top 25 in the preseason that year. They weren't a great team. Cam Superman'd that team to a national championship.

If it’s not the best college season ever, it’s easily the most valuable to a team. 6 players on that team got drafted. Fairley, who was a monster a DT that year, two 7th rounders(Ziemba, Zach Clayton) a 4th round OG(Mosley) and two FR backup DEs in Dee Ford(1st in 2014) and Corey Lemonier(3rd in 2012). Compare that to other BCS winners and it’s shocking. 

2nd in NCAA in passing and SECs leading rusher. Against a schedule that was as tough as any team has had. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Toomers said:

If it’s not the best college season ever, it’s easily the most valuable to a team. 6 players on that team got drafted. Fairley, who was a monster a DT that year, two 7th rounders(Ziemba, Zach Clayton) a 4th round OG(Mosley) and two FR backup DEs in Dee Ford(1st in 2014) and Corey Lemonier(3rd in 2012). Compare that to other BCS winners and it’s shocking. 

2nd in NCAA in passing and SECs leading rusher. Against a schedule that was as tough as any team has had. 

Yep. Burrow's final season was unreal, but to be fair, so was the talent surrounding him. That wasn't the case with Cam.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. Burrow's final season was unreal, but to be fair, so was the talent surrounding him. That wasn't the case with Cam.

I can give Burrow best(most productive) season with no issue. But Cam carried a team, plus had to deal with a witch hunt from the media. 

• Beer 1