• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donte Jackson is gonna get paid a lot of money this offseason

Rags

1 hour ago, Rags said:

He played at FS a bit today.  Plus there's not a lot of guys who can run like DJax. 

We have a lot of guys rn that can do what Bradberry did for us luckily. I don't think it'll be as easy to replace what DJax offers.

Exactly you don’t find guys like donte every day idk why our fans think so . 

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Okudah may never be the same after that injury and if we could somehow package Dante and a pick/mid tier player for Sewell I would do it. 

Where do people get these notions other teams will do flat out retarded trades with us? I mean I know we are talking about the Lions, but even the Lions aren't going to give up their newly minted franchise LT after his rookie year for a vet non #1 CB and a mid tier player pick?

If you were CMC, would you trade Olivia Culpo for a fairly cute stripper who is good at dancing but only so so in the sack and a Hooters waitress who can bartend?

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

but I would have to prioritize OL spending.

I just wanted to repeat that part because it sounded vaguely important.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

If they dont trade Donte and dont end up resigning him in off season it will be a huge failure by the staff. You lose him for nothing and it's a BUNCH of CB needy teams right now. 

As a guy who grew up following the NBA before the NFL, I've always gut level hated the way NFL teams cut perfectly good players instead of trading them. The longer I followed the game and learned the intricacies of the salary cap and it's differences from the NBA's the more it made it at least some sense, but it still sticks in my craw, this frequent giving up a quality player for nothing in return.

3 hours ago, Shaqil915 said:

Seriously dude would be a solid FS depending on his willingness to tackle. He'd cover alot of ground.  Corner is too stacked for us atm, especially with Keith Taylor looking solid as well.

Why are you all dead set on converting a very good CB in the prime of his career into a FS?

13 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Why are you all dead set on converting a very good CB in the prime of his career into a FS?

Not "Dead set" on anything. Just would be good value to perhaps try to convert one of our 4 starting caliber CBs to be on the field as much as possible. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, BrianS said:

The only teams that MIGHT be interested in trading for Donte are teams that have established themselves as playoff contenders and have gotten killed by injuries at corner.  How many of those are there?  Any?

If you aren't a serious contender, you simply wait until the offseason when you can talk to Donte for FREE.  There is no motivation for any other team to trade for Donte.  Even in that scenario, Donte's value is highly suspect because he is a free agent this offseason.

Pie in the sky trade speculation based on how well Donte is playing irrelevant.  His trade value isn't set by how well he's playing.  It's set by the market for his services.  Right now, it's extremely limited.

Donte is playing great.  Sure, it would be great to get something for him.  We won't.  The guy is a FA this offseason and he'll probably get paid way more than we can afford, given other needs.

We have no picks in the middle rounds...you need to get something if he isn't gonna be resigned.  Easily worth a second, third or maybe 4th. Panthers put the word out and see who is willing to bite on offers. You make it known he can be had. If they keep him i will presume he is here for the long haul for now.

Love Djax and wish he would get paid here...but I just don't think it's the plan.  Potentially re-sign Gilmore to finish his career close to home, have Horn, have Taylor, have Henderson, have Bouye.  Can't see us handing out a big contract for a very crowded room talent wise (woah...never thought I'd say that about our CBs)

• Beer 1