• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade Deadline Today @4PM

CarolinaLivin

27 minutes ago, joemac said:

I mean come on dude, objectively Baker Mayfield is a MUCH better QB than Jake Delhomme ever thought about being, and this is coming from someone who LOVES Jake.  The only people saying any different are people on this website. 

Jake beats him in play and in the commercial studio.

Jake had one of the best Superbowl performances in history until Kasay choked the game away.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Agree to disagree. He would immediately be a top 3 QB in Panthers history, IMO. 

Unfortunately top 3 is not hard to make given the distance between 2 and everyone else.  I mean, Beuerlein had one incredible season with us, so there's that. Lol.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Unfortunately top 3 is not hard to make given the distance between 2 and everyone else.  I mean, Beuerlein had one incredible season with us, so there's that. Lol.

Plus one of the greatest QB draws in team history. 

Never forget the play

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

I was a big Beuerlein fan but Baker would most likely eclipse him and Jake with relative ease(assuming he stuck around). 

• Pie 1

Too bad they couldn't trade AJ Bouye or Haynes for some IOL help but that's the way the cookie crumbles. 

Might be a good idea to open up the checkbook for someone like Ryan Jensen from Tampa or Connor Williams from Dallas in the off-season. Williams is versatile, plays on a good line, and has improved every year. Jensen is an upgrade at C and would hurt the Bucs if we signed him. 

10 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I was a big Beuerlein fan but Baker would most likely eclipse him and Jake with relative ease(assuming he stuck around). 

Clutch matters in the end.

Down 4 in the Superbowl 90 yards to go and 2 minutes left on the clock there's no Panther QB I'd rather have than prime Jake that includes a hypothetical Baker.

He just has a way to elevate himself. If I remember correctly he was the only guy at the time who's numbers went up when down in the last 2 minutes. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Also, Wyatt Teller, the huge RG for the Browns, is an UFA this coming off-season 

A good free agent signing to make up for 60 and 75 this past year would go a long way with Brady Christensen starting at LG and a solid first round Offensive Lineman. 

The Iowa kid and Teller would be huge for the line.

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Clutch matters in the end.

Down 4 in the Superbowl 90 yards to go and 2 minutes left on the clock there's no Panther QB I'd rather have than prime Jake that includes a hypothetical Baker.

He just has a way to elevate himself. If I remember correctly he was the only guy at the time who's numbers went up when down in the last 2 minutes. 

You must have blacked that AZ playoff game out. Huh...

• Flames 1