• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Well since PJ is probably starting this Sunday, I watched the highlights from his only other start.

hepcat

7 hours ago, CRA said:

I still don't think you have come to grips with how bad Sam Darnold is.   That aside,  we have played worse QBs than PJ Walker before too.  It's not the end of times scenario you are painting. 

If we can find a way to score points with Brian St Peirre vs the Ravens?   Well, I wouldn't expect a nothing burger from PJ.  He is way too aggressive of a thrower for us not to get some points over 4 quarters lol.  

and our D is capable of getting us points if a QB literally does nothing but take a knee at times.   And we are once again, playing a rookie QB. 

Sam Darnold is HOF compared to PJ.

It's not even close between the two of them.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

31 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Darnold is 30th in passer rating. Only three rookies and 38 year old Ryan Fitzpatrick are worse. Better than PJ Walker and Will Grier isn't going to cut it anymore.

43 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Were there some tweets about this?  It kinda sounded from the Panthers story like he was still limited.

Yes Sam is listed as limited, but Rhule is saying he could be up to play Sunday. Rhule says things are looking positive everything is on the table for Sam to play depending partly on what he can do tomorrow. With CMC it's more iffy because they are going to ask him to go 100% full speed tomorrow, and he may not be able to do that.

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 1

12 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Yes Sam is listed as limited, but Rhule is saying he could be up to play Sunday. Rhule says things are looking positive everything is on the table for Sam to play depending partly on what he can do tomorrow. With CMC it's more iffy because they are going to ask him to go 100% full speed tomorrow, and he may not be able to do that.

Thanks, didn't have time today to follow social media or listen to the interviews

22 minutes ago, MrPotatoHead said:

Rhule said IF 

IF SAM ABLE TO PLAY HE WOULD BE THE BACKUP QB….

people hear what they want nowadays 

source: panthers.com

rhule conference video exactly at the 2min mark

u welcome

After listening to the press conference I can confirm you are right, people do hear what they want these days.... Because Rhule did not say "if Sam is able to play he'd be the back up," lol...

He said everything was on the table including Sam as backup, depending on clearing the protocol and if the shoulder is or isn't good to go... That means that if fully healthy, Sam starts.  If a dinged up shoulder but could play if we are desperate, he might be a backup.  If in the protocol or with a serious shoulder problem he'll be inactive... That's exactly what pantherj's post implies... 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

34%, 86 pass yards, 4 INTs, 1 FL, 1 safety and a 33-0 ass kicking. 

That’s your HOFer vs Belichick.  Let’s make a friendly board bet that PJ does better in only his 2nd NFL start than that. 

PJ sucks.  Some of y’all have dug in so deep on Sam that I guess you feel you got no way out of it.  But this type Sam talk is lunacy.  

12 hours ago, CRA said:

34%, 86 pass yards, 4 INTs, 1 FL, 1 safety and a 33-0 ass kicking. 

That’s your HOFer vs Belichick.  Let’s make a friendly board bet that PJ does better in only his 2nd NFL start than that. 

PJ sucks.  Some of y’all have dug in so deep on Sam that I guess you feel you got no way out of it.  But this type Sam talk is lunacy.  

It's not that we've dug in on Sam it's that we realize Sam is our only hope in the foreseeable future. There are no Tom Bradys or Aaron Rodgers out there for us. None in College right now. None that might come available thru trade.

I'm not looking for a guy to come in and be consistently good. That does nothing for me. Going to the playoffs every year and maybe winning only one game is the worst. 

I want a guy with the talent and ability to risk everything that may "One Time" his way to a Championship. 

Baker Mayfield is not a championship winning QB. He is Goff or Garappolo. I don't want those guys. I don't care about winning 10 games every year. 

It's all or nothing for me.  I see nobody available that can do that. Might as well try and fix Sam. That's the only hope.

11 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

It's not that we've dug in on Sam it's that we realize Sam is our only hope in the foreseeable future. There are no Tom Bradys or Aaron Rodgers out there for us. None in College right now. None that might come available thru trade.

I'm not looking for a guy to come in and be consistently good. That does nothing for me. Going to the playoffs every year and maybe winning only one game is the worst. 

I want a guy with the talent and ability to risk everything that may "One Time" his way to a Championship. 

Baker Mayfield is not a championship winning QB. He is Goff or Garappolo. I don't want those guys. I don't care about winning 10 games every year. 

It's all or nothing for me.  I see nobody available that can do that. Might as well try and fix Sam. That's the only hope.

If the starter is losing you games you keep churning until you find the right guy this is a professional football team. You are the only person wanting to give a bust multiple years to prove anything. It doesn't work like that in the NFL and if the rest of the season is more of the same there will be a new qb sooner rather than later. Some of you are like a magnet to mediocrity it's just bizarre.

At 4-4 it's hard to understand why we would feel comfortable starting PJ and thinking we can win. I know Sam is the starter but he showed us why we need some insurance. I do not understand why at the trade deadline we didn't at least kick the tires on someone like Gardener Minshew at least. It's a shame how many other teams have more than solid back ups compared to ours. Hell the Jets brought out Mike White and this guy looked capable of being a starter for a few NFL teams, ours included.