• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tepper: Stop the Stadium from Being Overran on a Constant Basis

Seltzer

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Atmosphere was off, WAY OFF. Again he said "I never felt like this in vault before" and hes a hardcore about going to games. Been to 100s of them- doesnt care about weather, losing, traffic, his running mate doesnt want to go, etc he is going come hell or high water. 

This franchise has done plenty of losing yet maintained fan support...

...has to be something else.

21 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

Just stop. You clearly weren’t around in 2001 or 2010 if you’re making this statement. 

So this is an every 10-years type of thing and it's nothing to worry about?

Lotsa people seem very upset about the in-stadium presence of opposing fans + lack of Panthers fans and are 100% certain it's "never been like this before"...

...so you're saying that take is off-base?

Suits me.

On 11/7/2021 at 4:05 PM, Seltzer said:

This is my biggest request as a 16 season (and unfortunately counting) PSL holder.  Tepper needs to address this as soon as the season is over.

I hate the losing, full stop, but nothing has made me question my commitment to this team more than the stadium being taken over by opposing fans.

I'm tired of experiencing it, I'm tired of trying to bring my son into Panthers fandom with all of it, and I'm tired for all the loyal Panthers fans who have tried to stick by the team.

Another wasted season is bad enough... if I am going to have to suffer through this BS excuse for an offense, the least I can ask is to endure the humiliation amongst actual Panthers fans without having to have other fans gloat while I waste another day and several hundred dollars on what is proving to be a futile endeavor.

It's just adding a layer of embarrassment and humiliation that I can't continue to ignore...

Tepper is worth $14B+.  If he cares about this fan base, he will do something as soon as humanly possible, finances be damned.

I understand winning is the best thing for the fanbase, but in lieu of that (since "developing sustained success" evidently is a 5 year-plus plan), I need something from Tepper that lets me and the other loyal fans know he cares.

It's not even the money, although the financial commitment is significant.  I'm tired of pouring my heart and soul into supporting the team live when it seems like no one cares.

I'm not a blowhard who says I'm not going to watch (b/c I will), but I can't continue to waste my time and money and Sundays with my son on this nonsense.

I'm not spoiled enough to believe I deserve a win as a fan, but I do deserve a better stadium experience.  

If Tepper can't provide that, he should sell the team to someone who can.  

I'd rather have a half full stadium of Panthers fans than a 3/4 full stadium with 40+% opposing teams fans.  And that is honestly the case at this point.

It's absolutely out of control and is more demoralizing to me than anything else.

I can continue to be patient on this master plan, but not with the current disregard for PSL owners who want to support the team.

Tepper should cancel the PSL's for owners who sell their tickets consistently and buy them out.  It may be a short-term loss, but he should be worried about the current trajectory of the Panthers most loyal fans towards apathy.

It simply cannot continue like this if the Panthers want the support from the most committed fans.

End rant, but I know there are thousands of other PSL owners like me that have had enough of the BS.

Look: Panthers owner David Tepper caught grabbing hot wife's butt during  Matt Rhule's press conference | The Sports Daily

1 hour ago, SizzleBuzz said:

This franchise has done plenty of losing yet maintained fan support...

...has to be something else.

If only they had a passionate leader on the field always trying to get the crowd into it and pump them up...a showman if you may...

37 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

So this is an every 10-years type of thing and it's nothing to worry about?

Lotsa people seem very upset about the in-stadium presence of opposing fans + lack of Panthers fans and are 100% certain it's "never been like this before"...

...so you're saying that take is off-base?

Suits me.

As someone who’s had PSLs the better part of the last two decades and been to nearly every home game excluding last year, the only thing that’s different between this year and 2001 and 2010 is that many of the seats that were empty previously are filled by opposing fans.

There’s also another issue that people aren’t talking about and that’s last year when the overwhelming majority of PSL holders took the year off of tailgating/going to games because of the pandemic. How many people realized that they didn’t miss going through the routine to go to bad football games to spend a significant amount of discretionary income? 

Edited by X-Clown
  • Pie 1

48 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

...the only thing that’s different between this year and 2001 and 2010 is that many of the seats that were empty previously are filled by opposing fans.

To what do you chalk up the change?

50 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

How many people realized that they didn’t miss going through the routine to go to bad football games to spend a significant amount of discretionary income? 

Not many.

1 hour ago, X-Clown said:

As someone who’s had PSLs the better part of the last two decades and been to nearly every home game excluding last year, the only thing that’s different between this year and 2001 and 2010 is that many of the seats that were empty previously are filled by opposing fans.

There’s also another issue that people aren’t talking about and that’s last year when the overwhelming majority of PSL holders took the year off of tailgating/going to games because of the pandemic. How many people realized that they didn’t miss going through the routine to go to bad football games to spend a significant amount of discretionary income? 

You hit the nail on the head for me. I don’t miss it one bit.

The game day atmosphere at BOA has never been great, and it is completely crippled by this organizations inability to be anything but a meddling to lower tier franchise (sans four or five years). 

14 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

...and it is completely crippled by this organizations inability to be anything but a meddling to lower tier franchise (sans four or five years). 

This is nothing new...

...why did you get involved with and support such a shite organization in the first place?

2 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

This is nothing new...

...why did you get involved with and support such a shite organization in the first place?

Local team. Will support them as long as they are here, but they won’t see another dime from me on merch or tickets until they get serious about actually putting a competitive team in place. 

If that makes me a fair weather fan, then pass me my wine and slide that cheese plate over here. 

Edited by bigdog10
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

Local team. Will support them as long as they are here, but they won’t see another dime from me on merch or tickets until they get serious about actually putting a competitive team in place. 

If that makes me a fair weather fan, then pass me my wine and slide that cheese plate over here. 

I like it -- it's the only means for getting the attention of ownership of teams like this.

The Big Cat needed a healthy dose of this medicine during his tenure as an owner, but PSL owners just would not drop-out of the program no matter how bad things got. 

Do you plan to keep your PSL's?

On 11/7/2021 at 7:05 PM, Seltzer said:

This is my biggest request as a 16 season (and unfortunately counting) PSL holder.  Tepper needs to address this as soon as the season is over.

I hate the losing, full stop, but nothing has made me question my commitment to this team more than the stadium being taken over by opposing fans.

I'm tired of experiencing it, I'm tired of trying to bring my son into Panthers fandom with all of it, and I'm tired for all the loyal Panthers fans who have tried to stick by the team.

Another wasted season is bad enough... if I am going to have to suffer through this BS excuse for an offense, the least I can ask is to endure the humiliation amongst actual Panthers fans without having to have other fans gloat while I waste another day and several hundred dollars on what is proving to be a futile endeavor.

It's just adding a layer of embarrassment and humiliation that I can't continue to ignore...

Tepper is worth $14B+.  If he cares about this fan base, he will do something as soon as humanly possible, finances be damned.

I understand winning is the best thing for the fanbase, but in lieu of that (since "developing sustained success" evidently is a 5 year-plus plan), I need something from Tepper that lets me and the other loyal fans know he cares.

It's not even the money, although the financial commitment is significant.  I'm tired of pouring my heart and soul into supporting the team live when it seems like no one cares.

I'm not a blowhard who says I'm not going to watch (b/c I will), but I can't continue to waste my time and money and Sundays with my son on this nonsense.

I'm not spoiled enough to believe I deserve a win as a fan, but I do deserve a better stadium experience.  

If Tepper can't provide that, he should sell the team to someone who can.  

I'd rather have a half full stadium of Panthers fans than a 3/4 full stadium with 40+% opposing teams fans.  And that is honestly the case at this point.

It's absolutely out of control and is more demoralizing to me than anything else.

I can continue to be patient on this master plan, but not with the current disregard for PSL owners who want to support the team.

Tepper should cancel the PSL's for owners who sell their tickets consistently and buy them out.  It may be a short-term loss, but he should be worried about the current trajectory of the Panthers most loyal fans towards apathy.

It simply cannot continue like this if the Panthers want the support from the most committed fans.

End rant, but I know there are thousands of other PSL owners like me that have had enough of the BS.

This complaint is getting old by the fans. Doesn’t everyone here love the roaring riot? Doesn’t everyone love “stadium take overs”? This is what happens when you run morons like teddy and darnold out there. You know when BOA wasn’t being taken over by opposing fans? When cam was here. When there was something exciting to watch on the field.

The PSLs have nothing to do with it. Other franchises do PSLs and don’t have this issue. PSL owners can do whatever they want to do with their tickets. How can anyone blame them for spending their hard earned money on this pathetic product?

Tepper has set this franchise back years. If he can actually figure it out the fans will be back. Until then it’s all wasted energy. The focus should be on this joke of the owner and front office, not PSL owners.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

I like it -- it's the only means for getting the attention of ownership of teams like this.

The Big Cat needed a healthy dose of this medicine during his tenure as an owner, but PSL owners just would not drop-out of the program no matter how bad things got. 

Do you plan to keep your PSL's?

My PSL’s were taken from me to make room for luxury boxes. I was then offered replacements that weren’t as good so I took the cash.   Honestly would have probably taken the cash regardless since my gut says Tepper has a new stadium within ten years making all existing psls obsolete. It also made the decision easy due to the fact that of the 14 years I attended games over there, we had five playoff seasons (8, 13, 14, 15, 17).  It’s hard to call 2014 a playoff season, but I’ll lump it in.  That’s a whole lot of money spent to watch a team that can’t even muster back to back winning seasons. 

I will never purchase psl’s again. New stadium or existing stadium. 

• Pie 1