• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold Fractured Scapula on throwing shoulder

ncfan

12 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Good luck with shutting the F up.

I ain't going nowhere, fool.

Get used to it and go bitch about something else.

I'm not bitching. I just know you aren't a fan and I think it's funny you keep pretending to be. 

Once Sam is off the roster, you'll be gone. I will await whatever hilarious excuse you have to leave. Hopefully it will be a Chuck-like meltdown exit. Those are always entertaining. 

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I'm not bitching. I just know you aren't a fan and I think it's funny you keep pretending to be. 

Once Sam is off the roster, you'll be gone. I will await whatever hilarious excuse you have to leave. Hopefully it will be a Chuck-like meltdown exit. Those are always entertaining. 

You really believe that?

You really believe I'm gone as soon as Sam is off the roster? 

Okay Nostradumbass....😂

The arrogance you display is remarkable...

Edited by glenwo2

1 hour ago, glenwo2 said:

You really believe that?

You really believe I'm gone as soon as Sam is off the roster? 

Okay Nostradumbass....😂

The arrogance you display is remarkable...

You can either prove me wrong or right. I don't care at all. I am not triggered like you appear to be.

Just stating the obvious.

I'm incredibly concerned after all of the singing and dancing about the importance of recovery during Rhule's initial hiring.

I haven't gotten a chance to go back and watch the Patriots game (was visiting a friend in Chapel Hill on gameday), but I didn't hear much about any big hits that Sam took. The only one I've been aware of this season was the shot he took trying to take it in on the QB run the week prior.

If that's when the fracture occurred, then I'm cleaning house. I'm all for giving folks a chance to grow and learn on the job, but deliberately endangering a player is inexcusable.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Icege said:

I'm incredibly concerned after all of the singing and dancing about the importance of recovery during Rhule's initial hiring.

I haven't gotten a chance to go back and watch the Patriots game (was visiting a friend in Chapel Hill on gameday), but I didn't hear much about any big hits that Sam took. The only one I've been aware of this season was the shot he took trying to take it in on the QB run the week prior.

If that's when the fracture occurred, then I'm cleaning house. I'm all for giving folks a chance to grow and learn on the job, but deliberately endangering a player is inexcusable.

Agreed.  I'd have to go back and watch to be sure again, but I'm not sure I want to subject myself to it lol, but just from memory, I do not remember Sam taking any hits in the pocket, nor do I remember him reacting like he suffered an acute injury at any point.  I dont remember him having to pick himself up off the ground at any point like in every other game this season.  So, that would lead me to believe he suffered this fracture from the hit in Atlanta.  

Gross negligence adn incompetence from the staff and coaches.  And this is why you don't allow a first time HC to being along all of his college buddies on the staff with zero NFL lifers to help along the way.  This staff is just fuging up at every turn and the medical staff is looking at a potential lawsuit.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, Icege said:

I suspect that the injury is more minor than is being reported. If it were a massive break in that area, he would simply not have been able to compete. Even the accounts of it were basically the day after he reported it being sore and so they did an MRI. 

I would guess that during the game it was also just sore and Darnold probably just interpreted it as getting whacked by that hit(soft tissue damage/bruising) and not any structural damage. 

I have definitely had hairline fractures before(in my feet) that I was generally unaware were present, other than the obvious initial damage which I interpreted as just bruising from the impact. For me, it wasn't until it just wouldn't heal up after a couple of weeks that I even thought it could be something more.

Edited by kungfoodude
  • Pie 2

9 minutes ago, Icege said:

I really dont know where else it could have occurred, unless it was in practice or something.

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Agreed.  I'd have to go back and watch to be sure again, but I'm not sure I want to subject myself to it lol, but just from memory, I do not remember Sam taking any hits in the pocket, nor do I remember him reacting like he suffered an acute injury at any point.  I dont remember him having to pick himself up off the ground at any point like in every other game this season.  So, that would lead me to believe he suffered this fracture from the hit in Atlanta.  

Gross negligence adn incompetence from the staff and coaches.  And this is why you don't allow a first time HC to being along all of his college buddies on the staff with zero NFL lifers to help along the way.  This staff is just fuging up at every turn and the medical staff is looking at a potential lawsuit.

Just finished pushing through the thread and if I had to put money on what happened, I'd say there was a hairline fracture as a result of the ATL game that was reaggravated on that clip that ellis posted.

Even so... you're marching your QB out there with a fractured scapula? Nevermind that other QBs have played hurt and that players have lied, Sam had imaging done. That injury would appear on the imaging. Even if he's able to deal with it through pain management, that's a broken shoulder. That's difficulty lifting, holding, keeping it still, etc. In fact:

image.png.28bcc56515c149ff120c18a2ae10b849.png

Yea... I'm getting ever so close to saying "fug Matt Rhule."

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Icege said:

Just finished pushing through the thread and if I had to put money on what happened, I'd say there was a hairline fracture as a result of the ATL game that was reaggravated on that clip that ellis posted.

Even so... you're marching your QB out there with a fractured scapula? Nevermind that other QBs have played hurt and that players have lied, Sam had imaging done. That injury would appear on the imaging. Even if he's able to deal with it through pain management, that's a broken shoulder. That's difficulty lifting, holding, keeping it still, etc. In fact:

image.png.28bcc56515c149ff120c18a2ae10b849.png

Yea... I'm getting ever so close as to saying "fug Matt Rhule."

Yup. And in hindsight, I did remember seeing Sam one time during the game and his shoulder pads looked uneven to me, like one side was drooped.  That little blurb you posted right there is scary knowing the kind of hit that happened and the injuries he suffered and then for them to not practice him fully all week, give PJ the full starters reps and then still trot Sam out there?  That is just asinine.  And then for him to start struggling like he was, and you still leave him out there knowing he has that injury which could be causing it?  This just doesn't even seem real.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I suspect that the injury is more minor than is being reported. If it were a massive break in that area, he would simply not have been able to compete. Even the accounts of it were basically the day after he reported it being sore and so they did an MRI. 

I would guess that during the game it was also just sore and Darnold probably just interpreted it as getting whacked by that hit(soft tissue damage/bruising) and not any structural damage. 

I have definitely had hairline fractures before(in my feet) that I was generally unaware were present, other than the obvious initial damage which I interpreted as just bruising from the impact. For me, it wasn't until it just wouldn't heal up after a couple of weeks that I even thought it could be something more.

The issue though is did it occur during the previous game. This is bigger than football at this point. If he had a shoulder thing on top of a concussion and they didn’t get him an MRI or even X-ray that’s negligence on the team doctors part.

If they did and didn’t announce it/let him play that’s also negligence up and down the staff, obviously a lot of players play with bangs and bruises going deeper into the season so it’s possible he said he could play and the doctors ok’d him on that fact.

If there was any possibility this happened the week before, why just announce an MRI now? It becomes liability at this point. Yes I agree sometimes hairlines can just be sore and perhaps everyone thought it was just soft tissue damage. But that leads back to why wasn’t he fully evaluated last week and is the medical staff at fault.  

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yup. And in hindsight, I did remember seeing Sam one time during the game and his shoulder pads looked uneven to me, like one side was drooped.  That little blurb you posted right there is scary knowing the kind of hit that happened and the injuries he suffered and then for them to not practice him fully all week, give PJ the full starters reps and then still trot Sam out there?  That is just asinine.  And then for him to start struggling like he was, and you still leave him out there knowing he has that injury which could be causing it?  This just doesn't even seem real.

Oh poo I wasn't paying attention to that...that's a good call by Iceage.

Whatever you think of Sam, no one can say he didn't go out there and give it everything he had. 

He might have had more success if the organization had tried to do as much for him as he did for it.

It's a brutal way to make a living, but that's the NFL.

I hope he heals up fully and well. Some time away might do him well and might expose how many of his problems weren't really his fault.

• Pie 3