• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wednesday press confernce - Darnold out 4 weeks. IR likely.

trueblade

19 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

And ppl think Tepper is going to give him time lol

I never did

Tepper did not get where he is because of patience

he follows instincts and this time it seems his instincts betrayed him. 

I remember a saying going “sometimes what you know interferes with what you need to learn ‘ 

there was really nothing in Rhule’s past that indicated he was ready for the keys to a 2 billion dollar franchise   Talk is cheap. Never heard  a nfl HC talk so much 

listening to Matt Rhule talk about Darnold's injury is painful.  He essentially plays the dumb schmuck role so hard.  Listen, guys, I am not in a position to ask Sam about when all this happened lol.   He should watch some Fox/Rivera pressers on how to not answer questions. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

listening to Matt Rhule talk about Darnold's injury is painful.  He essentially plays the dumb schmuck role so hard.  Listen, guys, I am not in a position to ask Sam about when all this happened lol.   He should watch some Fox/Rivera pressers on how to not answering questions. 

Every single thing about him screams used car salesman. 

• Flames 4

lol, I don't know who the dude was that followed up on Joe Person's question.  Something along the lines of, Matt you might of answered this but I want to ask again, how could you NOT (his emphasis) sign Cam Newton lol.  Rhule probably going to get him banned. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, CRA said:

lol, I don't who the dude who followed up on Joe Person's question.  Something along the lines of, Matt you might of answered this but I want to ask again, how could you NOT (his emphasis) sign Cam Newton lol.  Rhule probably going to get him banned. 

People can say what they want, but the reason Cam isn't here to begin with is Rhule.  The QB stuff has very little to do with Fitt.  Rhule is the one who said he couldn't wait to coach Cam and then got rid of him, vouched for and wanted both Teddy and Sam, and he's the one who brought Brady in and is overseeing this whole clusterfug that we call an offense.  It all starts and ends with Rhule...  and he can't and won't bring in Cam because it would be him admitting he wasn't right to move on from him in the first place.  And from Cam's perspective, would you trust to sign back with this coaching staff after all that bullshit they pulled last offseason before releasing him (see above: "can't wait to coach Cam")?  

It would be absolutely exhilarating if we were able to sign him and bring him back though.  I know the odds are all but zero, but it would re-energize the fanbase and would definitely give this team a shot to make a run in the playoffs.  I could see Cam accepting the opportunity if presented, but I just don't see Rhule admitting he was wrong and even approaching Cam to come back.

And shout out to the reporter that asked it, especially in that fashion.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

35 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

People can say what they want, but the reason Cam isn't here to begin with is Rhule.  The QB stuff has very little to do with Fitt.  Rhule is the one who said he couldn't wait to coach Cam and then got rid of him, vouched for and wanted both Teddy and Sam, and he's the one who brought Brady in and is overseeing this whole clusterfug that we call an offense.  It all starts and ends with Rhule...  and he can't and won't bring in Cam because it would be him admitting he wasn't right to move on from him in the first place.  And from Cam's perspective, would you trust to sign back with this coaching staff after all that bullshit they pulled last offseason before releasing him (see above: "can't wait to coach Cam")?  

It would be absolutely exhilarating if we were able to sign him and bring him back though.  I know the odds are all but zero, but it would re-energize the fanbase and would definitely give this team a shot to make a run in the playoffs.  I could see Cam accepting the opportunity if presented, but I just don't see Rhule admitting he was wrong and even approaching Cam to come back.

And shout out to the reporter that asked it, especially in that fashion.

Nope he would rather be fired than admit that

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

Nope he would rather be fired than admit that

Yup, and thats what is so fascinating about his ego to me.  This isn't Temple or Baylor, bro...  This is pro football and the name of the game is winning and profits.  So, the part that is really intriguing to me is, I assume Tepper only acquiesced to Cam's release as part of the "giving full control" to Rhule and believing in his plan to rebuild the team.  But, now, seeing what is happening on the field, as well as in the stands every Sunday, I can't help buy think Tepper is sitting there internally raging because he knows Cam would fix both problems, but the coach he handed the keys to won't have his ego trampled upon.

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Also, this is the 4th straight year that Darnold hasn't been able to stay healthy am entire season.

But we didn't need a real backup QB, of course.

And how many games have Elflein and Erving missed so far?

Let's get a broken QB with injury history, put him behind an OL with significant injury history, not bring in any competent backup QBs to either help the broken QB in the QB room or step in if he gets hurt, ignore the obvious brewing problems in these units thru preseason and our first few games, and then totally fail to address either by the trade deadline. Brilliant!

Remember the whole treating Darnold like a rookie?  I'd that's true... any rookie we draft is fuged too.

• Flames 2

21 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yup, and thats what is so fascinating about his ego to me.  This isn't Temple or Baylor, bro...  This is pro football and the name of the game is winning and profits.  So, the part that is really intriguing to me is, I assume Tepper only acquiesced to Cam's release as part of the "giving full control" to Rhule and believing in his plan to rebuild the team.  But, now, seeing what is happening on the field, as well as in the stands every Sunday, I can't help buy think Tepper is sitting there internally raging because he knows Cam would fix both problems, but the coach he handed the keys to won't have his ego trampled upon.

I still wonder if part of getting rid of Cam wasn't Tepper wanting his guy, and not someone he inherited. Not that Tepper would ever admit that.