• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still have a big game Sunday...what are the keys?

TheMaulClaw

Alright the game this week is definitely overshadowed for us....I mean Cam is fugging back.  That said, it's a must win.  Prior to Cam coming back it felt like such a downward slide that no redirection was possible.  Even though we're only a game out of the wildcard we might as well have been mathematically eliminated.  There was no saving the season, but lo....there is hope.

So now the team must find a way to go get this dub to set the table for the unthinkable run we're destined for.  The stuff of dreams.

PJ Walker would show impressive professionalism to go out and deliver a solid performance for the team.  There isn't much pro tape on Walker and that gives us a small advantage.  Different cadence, different tendencies, and a little harder to game plan for specifics.  So here are the keys in my view.

1)  Adjusting our running game.  We have to use misdirection and read option.  If we can force the DE's to sit on the option it should open up some holes between the tackles and the guards.

2) Limiting turnovers.  This is an easy and lazy key to the game, but it's still important.  I think we need to see some safe throws from PJ.  If we're moving the ball and nothing is there....take the 3 points. 

3) Keeping Murray contained.  I actually think we matchup well defensively with a team like the Cardinals.  We have depth at CB to match their receivers and we have speed on the ends.  The Cards are going to want to move Murray out of the pocket, so we're going to have to counter this with our speed on the edge.  The Burns injury hurts, but we're still a fast defense.

Ultimately would be an absolutely huge win that sets the stage for Cam's return.  I hope PJ comes out motivated and not deflated.  Even in the back up role he has a chance to be an important part of this team.

Keep Pounding!

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Pie 1

Not turning the ball over. 

Some average offense. 

With the AZ injuries pending no surprises the D should be able to take it to that O. 

If we can control PJ's aggressive throws.  I think we have a shot.  And I still think he should take some shots.  But where you greenlight that matters. 

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Not turning the ball over. 

Some average offense. 

With the AZ injuries pending no surprises the D should be able to take it to that O. 

If we can control PJ's aggressive throws.  I think we have a shot.  And I still think he should take some shots.  But where you greenlight that matters. 

I think the key to opening up those throws are PJ using his legs.  If we can force a spy then some holes in the secondary should open up.

3 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Thought I heard Murray might miss the game cuz of some injury

1 minute ago, CRA said:

to my knowledge, Murray and Nuk have been out all week.  They both missed last week's game.  That's why we have a shot at the upset.   

Murray practiced today. He is a game time decision. I expect him to sit.

• Pie 2

Just now, Cpt slay a ho said:

Hopefully, would be perfect to get cam some pt with Kyle out 

I'm so eager to see Cam play too, but I'm not sure if it would be wise.  I know Cam can pick things up quick.  I'm reminded of his rookie year when there was pretty much no offseason because of the CBA and how well he did.  I just think we'd be better served to ease him back into the physicality of the game.