• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A couple in interesting Cam things from nfl.com

ladypanther

So no comment from anyone here on how they are hoping to roll with Darnold next year if Cam doesn't play light out? Cam is a one year deal because of how much is owed Sam next year.

Cam would have to force their hand with his on field play basically, according to the article.

7 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

So no comment from anyone here on how they are hoping to roll with Darnold next year if Cam doesn't play light out? Cam is a one year deal because of how much is owed Sam next year.

Cam would have to force their hand with his on field play basically, according to the article.

If cam is only marginally better than darnolds play this year he should be resigned while we figure the QB situation out. Remember the FO wanted him on a two year deal. He wanted 3 or 4. 

It provides stability. We can’t keep going through all these trash qbs.  We need to draft one. I expect him to be at the very least competent. He’s a ten year vet. But knowing cam he’s probably gonna ball the fug out. Not 2015 style but he just feeds off this type of energy, people doubting him, ect. He just seems to shine in these types of situations. 

27 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

If we HAVE to eat Sams entire 18 mil next year, AND re-sign Cam there are ways to mitigate the cap hit for next year.  They could give Cam a 3 or 4 year deal (with one year being voidable) and give him a decent signing bonus to spread out over the length of the contract.  I could see something like 4 years, 60 million with a 15 - 20 million signing bonus so his average yearly salary wont be too astronomical. 

On 11/14/2021 at 3:33 PM, Day1PanthersFan said:

I think this might be an issue, it doesn't seem like this crew communicate that much ,even with Darnold , It seemed like Robby was the first person to tell Darnold he was playing like poo 

You really think Sam thought he was doing great and needed his head coach to tell him otherwise?

These guys spend half their life with position coaches in the film room. I don't imagine they're showing highlight reels and high-fiving about how awesome they are.

Edited by Khaki Lackey

I'm sure this has been posted before but as far as the Smith conversation, I think it gives a pretty good reason why he was so intense, as a kid he witnessed domestic violence and endured abject poverty. Here's a couple of quotes:

"Later, Smith was describing his love for his adopted hometown of Charlotte and how it differs from the poverty-stricken neighborhood where he grew up in Los Angeles.

“Charlotte is a nice, smiley-face city,” Smith said. “I’m a sweatpants, pack-a-pistol kind of dude.”

The best athletic quarterback I played with is Cam Newton. The best quarterback I played with — the guy I grew up with, the guy I got paid with — (is Jake Delhomme).

“Cam is an excellent athlete. However, I didn’t learn from Cam and make mistakes with Cam. I grew up with Jake.... (My kids) and Jake’s kids grew up together. Invited each other to birthday parties.

“When Cam came along, I was (32 years old). When Jake and I played, we were two blind dogs in the meat house. And when you grow with people like that, it’s a different place in your heart than someone who’s just athletic and really gifted.”

“I played ball for one reason — to beat the man in front of me. That’s really it. And if that man happened to be on my same team, I did not get that memo....

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/02/08/steve-smith-who-was-his-favorite-panthers-qb-cam-newton-or-jake-delhomme-more/

• Pie 1

On 11/14/2021 at 11:28 AM, AggieLean said:

To simplify this, it sounds like Cam just wants the organization to be real with him. To be fair, I could see how this could be hard; especially if you’ve never dealt with an individual with a big personality like Cam.

Its cool Tepper kept Cam’s #1 off limits 

Very. I'm warming up to him after the past 2-weeks for sure.