• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Rhule gonna get cute

SmittysLawnGuy

Has to be in the back of everyones minds. Is Rhule gonna try and implement PJ and Cam in specific situations? Is that Ok? I don't think so. Sure if we could duplicate today then hell yeah. We can't. I wouldn't mind some sort of split next week to see if Cams ready. Takes a lot of pressure off if PJ can be counted on. If Cams lights out it's a no brainer of course. I really just want him comfortable before we just switch some imaginary switch. My soul is in this. Please don't butcher it Matt. What a day!

• Pie 3

I don't see a problem with that, i was actually thinking about this while the game was going on. PJ was moving the ball well until his INT that was tipped, QB by committee is fine until Cam can learn everything in the offense. 

if you could tell, they did a masterful job, that really was more common sense than anything, by making a small section of that playbook catered to Cam and his abilities. 

Honestly that's what they need to do. Just use common sense and cater to Cam in the playbook. Have a set of plays specifically for him. Ease him in.  I would not be opposed to that at all. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

They said before this SNF game that it was likely Cam would start next week. I don't know if they will implement them in certain situations, we'll see I guess

the media said that but Rhule didn't

I mean hell if PJ played like he did today why not play them both and give cam just a little bit more time?

7 games left, the next 3 are very winnable, especially if PJ is in there and knows the offense well, I think we should ease Cam in slowly and let him take the reigns after the bye week

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I don't see a problem with that, i was actually thinking about this while the game was going on. PJ was moving the ball well until his INT that was tipped, QB by committee is fine until Cam can learn everything in the offense. 

if you could tell, they did a masterful job, that really was more common sense than anything, by making a small section of that playbook catered to Cam and his abilities. 

Honestly that's what they need to do. Just use common sense and cater to Cam in the playbook. Have a set of plays specifically for him. Ease him in.  I would not be opposed to that at all. 

You said it more gracefully than I. Exactly what I'm thinking. Just throwing Cam out there next week could be a bad recipe. Let's get it right. Give him the keys when we all know he is ready 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, SmittysLawnGuy said:

You said it more gracefully than I. Exactly what I'm thinking. Just throwing Cam out there next week could be a bad recipe. Let's get it right. Give him the keys when we all know he is ready 

Rivera knows Cam, he knows his abilities what he can and cannot do. What he doesn't know is the offense or verbiage. If Joe Brady is a genius like everyone says he is, then he can just adjust his playbook and add more plays to Cams limited plays. Because he has to be limited. Having both QB's could actually work in their advantage. Rivera will have to account for both. The obvious thing here is that Cam will be in short yardage and goal line situations since CMC can't penetrate the goal line if his life depended on it for some reason. 

Given the plays he ran today I think he had around 10-15 plays ready for him. Brady could increase his playbook by 10 or so more plays. Obviously not using the ones he used today. 

I'd like to see Cam score via receiving a TD lol that would be fuging amazing. 

• Pie 2

well either way, we should have a good week next weekend. 

Chase Young seems to be done for the year and their defense was already among the worst in the NFL and it seems like we now have life on our offense. Our defense should be able to shut down our old backup QB and their subpar offense with no problem

The argument for PJ to “start” next week. 

1.  PJ doesn’t lose 

2.   If Cam is the guy next week it will be a dialed down playbook of what Cam likes.  That was today.   Now we can probably expand it next week vs today but it will still be very small playbook.   The problem with that is the matchup.   Ron Rivera is a tad controversial around here as coach but he is a very good defensive coach.  Name a coach in the NFL that knows Cam’s strength and weakness better than Ron.    What he likes and hates.  I mean that is Ron.  I just think it is putting Cam in a tough spot with a neutered playbook vs Rivera.  

I’d like the QB committee to continue one more week.  That gives Cam more than one week before being the full time guy.  But his role should be bigger next week even if a committee is used.

well, technically start Cam to get the crowd hype .  But I think you give PJ some work between the 20s so more plays have to be defended 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1