• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tough medicine to swallow

Khyber53

41 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Both Rhule and Fitterer have said they will do anything they can to make the team better. 

Except bring in quality Olinemen and prospects.🙃

Kidding mostly. I know corner was a need, but passing on Slater, drafting a WR in the second, and trading down so much while skipping over other high quality Oline prospects was dumb.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

I’m not sure if this is the norm but rhule said in his presser that he watched cams presser after the game. That struck me as weird but maybe it’s not. I don’t think rhule wanted cam back here tbh. 

Idk I hear what you're saying and why you would consider that but I view it as Rhule adapting and learning how to be a coach for big personalities and also learning how to lead a group of men as opposed to college kids. As fans we've always talked about how Ron could have been much more if he had not been stubborn about different things over the years. We know he's made mistakes but my hope is that Matt Rhule can become the coach we need if he is willing to humble himself and acknowledge faults and move forward with that purpose in mind. We'll see.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Not sure which is worse for us, a meddling owner or the scenario where the owner HAS to force Rhule to make a better move at QB.

Neither are good, that is for sure.

I don’t necessarily think telling your coach to sign Cam in this case makes Tepper a “meddler.” I feel he does stay hands off 99% of the time. It is a business. At some point I think an owner has a right to step in if he sees decisions made that cost him money ( empty seats). 

8 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Except bring in quality Olinemen and prospects.🙃

Kidding mostly. I know corner was a need, but passing on Slater, drafting a WR in the second, and trading down so much while skipping over other high quality Oline prospects was dumb.

And we can beat that up from now to forever.  Won't change anything.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

I don’t necessarily think telling your coach to sign Cam in this case makes Tepper a “meddler.” I feel he does stay hands off 99% of the time. It is a business. At some point I think an owner has a right to step in if he sees decisions made that cost him money ( empty seats). 

And that is totally what it was. A business decision to fill seats and energize the fan base. And if it works the Panthers look great. If it doesn't they have still have done what they can to make things better.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

48 minutes ago, frankw said:

Idk I hear what you're saying and why you would consider that but I view it as Rhule adapting and learning how to be a coach for big personalities and also learning how to lead a group of men as opposed to college kids. As fans we've always talked about how Ron could have been much more if he had not been stubborn about different things over the years. We know he's made mistakes but my hope is that Matt Rhule can become the coach we need if he is willing to humble himself and acknowledge faults and move forward with that purpose in mind. We'll see.

I’m not one that wanted him fired this year. It was always playoffs or bust in year 3. I hope he can adapt and become a consistent winning coach obviously.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Yep, but that team leader has to be the not just the right person but the right position. On offense it has got to, got to, got to be the QB. If not, there's trouble. We ran into that this season --  Darnold wasn't that guy, it just wasn't in his makeup. CMC isn't that guy by nature, either. Then you get Robby Anderson throwing a fit on the sidelines and there's no one to step up and put him back in place.

On defense, it's a bit more open, but generally your best position for it is at LB, bridging both the line and the DBs. Shaq has really stepped into that role fully now and it shows.

That's a great point. Think back to 2015. The game at NYG. Odell is focused more on trying to piss off JNo than playing. JNo starts off retaliating but soon their bullshit is overshadowing the game. Cam, Luke, TD, Greg, etc step in and tell JNo to ignore it from now on. He mostly does. Obviously the situation was a bit different, but your point stands that JNo had multiple guys to rein him in. Robby clearly didn't. Everyone, including Sam, basically just ignored his outburst.

• Pie 1