• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 10 Recap: Cam Newton is back, Patrick Mahomes on track | Chris Simms Unbuttoned (Ep. 313 FULL)

Ivan The Awesome

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yup.  If Cam shows that hes a serviceable starter for the remainder of this season, its almost a no-brainer to lock him up for the next 2 or 3 years at least.  Then, we would at least have our QB problem solved for the next few years.  This would allow us to build out the o-line and retain most of our key players who are due up for deals soon.  Having a Cam Newton playing at a high level could also be attractive for free agents out there.  

We can start taking flyers on 3rd and later QBs to see if we can hit on one to have ready by the time Cam is ready to retire. It's a great situation.

• Pie 1

26 minutes ago, trueblade said:

We can start taking flyers on 3rd and later QBs to see if we can hit on one to have ready by the time Cam is ready to retire. It's a great situation.

Let me get this straight. You want this crew... to take flyers... on QBs???

Yeah, lemme go ahead and tell you how that's gonna work out.

See: Bridgewater, Teddy and Darnold, Sam.

When this crew goes rummaging around on the QB clearance aisle, they come home with pure tee poo.

4 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Interesting tidbits from Simms, i started it at the Panthers section. 

Thing that stuck out to me is that they used "elite" to describe the Defense and this is a Playoff defense. Consensus is that we can go far with this Defense. 

Chris Simms unbuttoned is great but what I'd really love to see is Chris Simms undressed 😍

34 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Let me get this straight. You want this crew... to take flyers... on QBs???

Yeah, lemme go ahead and tell you how that's gonna work out.

See: Bridgewater, Teddy and Darnold, Sam.

When this crew goes rummaging around on the QB clearance aisle, they come home with pure tee poo.

I get the reluctance, but we need a better transition plan this go around. Like this past draft, we could have taken a flyer on Davis Mills, Ian Book, or Sam Ehlinger. If they work out, great. We've got our backup QB/heir apparent. If they don't work out, try again next year.

Edited by trueblade

We have 3 home games left.  Have to win those.

That puts us at 8 wins.

Beat the Dolphins on the road.

Theres 9 wins.

That leaves, @Buf/@TB/@NO.

Any win out of those 3 should get us a playoff spot.

Only 1.5 games back from Tampa, that 2nd TB matchup theoretically could be for the division.

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Simms talked in that segment about how the people he knew in NE said Cam was a better leader during his time there than Tom Brady was. Like woah.

What he said was that Cam was more of a leader in his first year than Brady was toward the end.  More of an indictment of Brady and why they split after so long. Brady went from a great leader at the beginning to an ass  toward the end from what I have read.  I imagine they liked Cam's let be serious but have fun attitude over Brady's tirades and feeling his team didnt deserve him.

Edited by panthers55