• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ron Rivera is a class act.

TheMaulClaw

2 hours ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

I think every time the Huddle critiques or complains about a Panthers player, coach, etc, we're talking about them in their role not as a human being. As much as we bash Sam Darnold, we bash him as a player and not as a person, I've never met the guy, but I've seen him suck at QB. 

Without trying to be contrarian, I want it on the record that I hate Marty Hurney through and through.

If I met him in person odds are likely I’d catch a charge.

When asked about a game plan to counter Cam Newton at QB, Rivera gave his wry smile and said, "Cam Newton gives us the best chance to win."

He used to say the same thing when he was head coach in Carolina and Cam was his QB, even after it was apparent Cam's arm was shot and couldn't throw a football 20 yards. 

(none of this actually happened, I just made it up to see the responses)

I always like Ron, one heck of well respect person and well role model human being. Players want to play for him for a reason.

I don't get why he always get the most hate from the huddle but at least he is better than a lot of armchair GM/coach/blamer here.

Edited by WestPanthers

These posts that glorify him rub me the wrong way a bit. I have no doubt that he is an amazing man in his personal life and someone that is an asset to every community/charity that he is involved with and hell, what a champion for beating cancer.

That being said... the guy is a horrible head coach. The ONLY reason he won awards and is still a head coach in this league is strictly because of Cam. Cam did all of the things he did here (including 2015) in spite of Ron and the other coaches, not because of Ron and co. Between his complete inability to make any halftime adjustments whatsoever, excessive loyalty to vets who are way beyond their prime, he's overall a great guy but a terrible, terrible coach.