• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam will be an excellent player

TLGPanthersFan

18 minutes ago, stirs said:

Not the sharpest fan base.  Fans yes, but football knowledge?

Millions of threads over the last few years, and rightly so, about how the Oline could not protect Cam.

Now, it does not matter when it is Sam.

Millions of threads about no weapons for Cam, and rightly so.

Now, if the weapons don't perform, it does not matter because its Sam.

Sam might have a good arm, but makes bad decisions.  Whether due to seeing ghosts or because his shoulder was broken, but maybe Cam can inspire the Oline more to block for him and the WR's will catch passes like they did early in the season.

Wishing for the best for the Panthers on Sunday, but this place will be a mess the Oline does not protect Cam.  The thread titles will be epic.

We wanted a better oline and weapons so cam could take his ridiculous talents to the next level and we could be a consistent playoff team. Cam flashed in ways that Sam has never ever come close to. Sam is the worst starting qb with clean pockets the past 4 years. He had the 2nd most pocket time up till his last game because he can’t read defenses and holds onto the ball too long. Nobody has said this line is good. They are our main issue this season. But competent qb play with this defense would’ve produced way more wins. 

• Pie 3

a lot of disingenuous takes in here, and fans trying to scold other fans and take the higher ground, when they didn’t take this position when another certain young QB was going through struggles not as great as the ones Sam is going through. 

Can’t take those fans seriously. Can’t call for peace now, when you had no problem with the ruckus when the ruckus was being directed towards a player you weren’t fond of 

• Pie 6
  • Flames 3

24 minutes ago, stirs said:

Millions of threads over the last few years, and rightly so, about how the Oline could not protect Cam.

Sam might have a good arm, but makes bad decisions.  Whether due to seeing ghosts or because his shoulder was broken, but maybe Cam can inspire the Oline more to block for him and the WR's will catch passes like they did early in the season.

Wishing for the best for the Panthers on Sunday, but this place will be a mess the Oline does not protect Cam.  The thread titles will be epic.

The oline definitely didn't do Sam many favors at all but he struggled mightily at reading defenses and threw horrific picks with time from a clean pocket. Darnold in less than half a season showed to be the same quarterback he has been with the Jets. He is a fourth year pro what you see is what you get. That isn't anyone else's fault. To try to make this another Cam vs whoever argument because Sam failed is just shitposting.

30 minutes ago, stirs said:

I like you, but you weren’t coming at the fans intelligence when they were coming at Cams accuracy and his non winning during his first two years here. This is fact, and you know it. It’s wrong for you to try and come at folks now. 

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

If the offensive line is so horrid as you guys make it out to be, wouldn't it have been on full display last game with Sam's backup PJ Walker taking the snaps. 

Just like a different guy driving the same race car with different results. Not the cars faults.

• Pie 1

He can be...as long as everything around him is perfect. 

He doesn't handle pressure very well. When things start to break down, he breaks down. 

When he's knocked down, he can't pick himself up. 

The biggest issue is confidence. He doesn't have it and he can't instill it in the people around him. 

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

He can be...as long as everything around him is perfect. 

He doesn't handle pressure very well. When things start to break down, he breaks down. 

When he's knocked down, he can't pick himself up. 

The biggest issue is confidence. He doesn't have it and he can't instill it in the people around him. 

Remember when Jake would get the crap knocked out of him and get up yelling and cussing at the defender.

Yeah, that.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Remember when Jake would get the crap knocked out of him and get up yelling and cussing at the defender.

Yeah, that.

When things got tough, he got tougher. 

Until Tommy John, John Fox managing the 2008 playoff game vs the cards, and then Rip Scherer got in his head in 2009.

I honestly had no clue their were people left willing to beclown themselves in an attempt to defend and stump for Sam Darnold. I mean, even the couple of Sam fanboys who followed him here have fully thrown in the towel on him at this point. These are folks that have followed him since his college days. That should tell you everything.

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Rhule believes he can develop Sam. I believe him. Until CMC went down, and the oline failed to protect him, he was showing confidence, and improvement. 

I don't blame Sam for the regression. The line couldn't protect him, and receivers were dropping passes. 

Just like Rhule hasn't given up on his development, neither should you. 

Delhomme was how old when he became a competent NFL starter? 

I'm not claiming Sam is the answer. Just saying the team and the coaches have an investment in him, and are going to develop him as much as they can to get a return on their investment.

While I show doubt and honestly wish we would look to the draft there is no denying what you're saying. I think we should have reached out to Cam earlier this year because Sam needs to sit and learn. We can all consider the Saints a team that has rebuilt QBs careers with their system and support and I hope we can do exactly like them. Still at the end of the day there is no replacement for talent. You're not going to make Teddy Bridgewater or Jamis Winston into Drew Brees. Same goes for Sam. We need talent on the level of a young Cam Newton not a Sam Darnald to complete and be successful. We also need OL talent for any of it to work. 

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly had no clue their were people left willing to beclown themselves in an attempt to defend and stump for Sam Darnold. I mean, even the couple of Sam fanboys who followed him here have fully thrown in the towel on him at this point. These are folks that have followed him since his college days. That should tell you everything.

I rather have them than your constant negativity to anything other than Cam Newton. Jesus things can change and we can improve as a whole. Dumping water on everything isn't is cool as you think it is. 

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

I rather have them than your constant negativity to anything other than Cam Newton. Jesus things can change and we can improve as a whole. Dumping water on everything isn't is cool as you think it is. 

I've always been positive about our defense. You just can't see that through those tears over Cam's return.