• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So does PJ start next week? Does anyone even care?

hepcat

44 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

If anyone thinks it's Cam's fault, you are a fuging moron. First int is a miscommunication which is normal for someone thats only been on the team for 2-3 weeks. Moore gets pushed in the back on the 2nd INT. The line and Brady are the real culprits. Lots of people focus on the wrong things because of either stupidity or bias. 

That sounds like a bunch of excuses.  Did you give Darnold those as well?

• Pie 3

12 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Cam is a 10 year veteran. He’s a former league MVP. If he is that reliant on coaching to practice proper passing mechanics at this stage of his career, then the outlook for his NFL future looks bleak.

He's had bad mechanics his whole career, so it's obviously muscle memory at that point, but the fact that he had such a noticeable improvement in only a season with proper coaching is impressive.

I was hoping so much Cam would regain the magic, and feel for him today. He loves Charlotte and the Panthers. However, he isn’t the player he was.

I hope he gets a few more good moments this season so he can walk away gracefully.

but yeah- draft OL this year, then next season it’s Young or Stroud. Sign Trubisky in the off-season as a place holder. He was not bad - play calling and line killed him.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Actually, they played like ROOKIES and not very good ones.

It's unreal how bad they are playing.

On the one hand, Coaching does make a difference.

But on the other hand, you have to execute.

Both sides suck dick and something needs to change.

Tepper....YOUR MOVE.

One of the main reasons New England stays on top regardless of who they have at QB is  good coaches to develop the team each year and the ability to keep the players focused to play at a high level each week.

• Beer 1

Rhule made clear after the game that Cam Newton remains Carolina's starting quarterback despite being pulled in the fourth quarter. He told reporters that he made the switch late because Newton's protection wasn't holding up and that he believed Walker stood a better chance in a hurry-up offense because he knows the 2-minute playbook. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Rhule made clear after the game that Cam Newton remains Carolina's starting quarterback despite being pulled in the fourth quarter. He told reporters that he made the switch late because Newton's protection wasn't holding up and that he believed Walker stood a better chance in a hurry-up offense because he knows the 2-minute playbook. 

I'm pretty sure David Newton asked that dumbass question.

He was very happy on Twitter today once Cam was finally benched.

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, t96 said:

At this point in his career, he’s not. It’s the reality. His arm his shot and his passes are way too inconsistent.

Cam finished completing 5 of 21 passes for 92 yards with two interceptions and no touchdowns through the air. His second pick set the Dolphins up with a nine-yard field that they converted into a 14-7 lead with a Tagovailoa touchdown pass to Jaylen Waddle. 

Per the NFL, Newton's 23.8% completion rate was the worst for a quarterback with at least 20 attempts since Joey Harrington's 5-for-22 effort for the Detroit Lions in 2004.

Edited by KatsAzz

I love Cam. I think he deserves this chance to come back and right the wrong of him being cut too soon by a franchise that didn’t appreciate him. But he got signed less than 3 weeks ago. The fact is he might just not be comfortable enough in this offense to be starting the full games. PJ looked good when he had a gameplan and weeks worth of prep to start a game. I thought we’d see more of PJ after signing Cam and utilizing both of their strengths. Who really expects PJ to look good coming in at the end of a lost game when everyone on the team has given up?

But honestly neither of these QBs are going to take this team to the playoffs or maybe even win another game with all the other issues on this team. At least we got to see Cam in a Panthers uniform again, and that is the best part of this miserable season. 

• Pie 2

34 minutes ago, t96 said:

At this point in his career, he’s not. It’s the reality. His arm his shot and his passes are way too inconsistent.

This is foolish. Nothing inconsistent about anything but the offensive line. He came in first week 2 touchdowns no ints next week 3 touchdowns no ints this week 1 touchdown and 2 picks and his arm is shot and way to inconsistent lol

• Pie 5

15 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I love Cam. I think he deserves this chance to come back and right the wrong of him being cut too soon by a franchise that didn’t appreciate him. But he got signed less than 3 weeks ago. The fact is he might just not be comfortable enough in this offense to be starting the full games. PJ looked good when he had a gameplan and weeks worth of prep to start a game. I thought we’d see more of PJ after signing Cam and utilizing both of their strengths. Who really expects PJ to look good coming in at the end of a lost game when everyone on the team has given up?

But honestly neither of these QBs are going to take this team to the playoffs or maybe even win another game with all the other issues on this team. At least we got to see Cam in a Panthers uniform again, and that is the best part of this miserable season. 

Stop it dude P.J came in and immediately 2 sacks taken and then sends up the Ole PJ special a Pick right on Que.  This tells me it's not a Cam problem it's a offensive line problem qbs aren't magical creatures that create offensive line play and make wrs good. You need players around them especially the offensive line.

Look at Jacksonville they landed a generational talent in Lawrence.... he's getting destroyed. Look at Wilson the qb many of us wanted for the jets... getting destroyed. It doesn't matter who the qb is if he can't turn around after a 5 step drop.

• Pie 4