• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How does a team just keep getting worse and worse?

ladypanther

I feel like something is in the works other than this just being a bad coaching staff. The game plans have been vanilla, the players have given up. Maybe Matt Rhule is planning to head back to college. Some good openings coming up and he clearly doesn’t have an NFL future

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

This defense just got run over.  They could not stop or cover anything. And the offense.....

How do these guys just keep getting worse?

The only thing about this team that seems to have improved is the kicking game.  At least they finally found a pk.

They weren’t good in the first place. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I feel like something is in the works other than this just being a bad coaching staff. The game plans have been vanilla, the players have given up. Maybe Matt Rhule is planning to head back to college. Some good openings coming up and he clearly doesn’t have an NFL future

He checked out last season.  Look at some of his off season interviews, he was finished before this season started. 

Just now, ickmule said:

He checked out last season.  Look at some of his off season interviews, he was finished before this season started. 

You have to wonder if Rhule really ever wanted to coach this team. He seemed pretty content at Baylor, had a nice house and his family was comfortable there. But Tepper threw so much money at him it’s hard to say no. I mean who could blame him? But this is what happens when you hire a guy who might never have wanted the job in the first place. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

You have to wonder if Rhule really ever wanted to coach this team. He seemed pretty content at Baylor, had a nice house and his family was comfortable there. But Tepper threw so much money at him it’s hard to say no. I mean who could blame him? But this is what happens when you hire a guy who might never have wanted the job in the first place. 

I believe at first he was excited about the opportunity. Sometime last season, I believe he realized he was in over his head. Some of his interviews in the off-season you could tell he just wasn’t in it.

25 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

This defense just got run over.  They could not stop or cover anything. And the offense.....

How do these guys just keep getting worse?

The only thing about this team that seems to have improved is the kicking game.  At least they finally found a pk.

Because NFL teams, good ones, do film study and they totally understand what a team is doing  and why, and if that team being filmed keeps doing the same thing overly and over again, the one thing they do well, is taken away