• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Staff options if Rhule stays...

Mr. Scot

51 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yup might as well show weekly Confidentials instead of actually showing the games. What's going to be really interesting to see is how many free agents bail instead re-sign here. If that happens and Tepper starts noticing a trend a la Teddy and Perryman I wonder if he'd pull the trigger before next draft

Who wants to stay and who moves on is going to be interesting.

It's still to early for deffinates but it sure feels it's all headed that way.

• Beer 1

They really need to go ahead and fire Brady now. If Sean Ryan is on the short list, give him a 5 week audition and see how he does. With the bye week, it's a perfect opportunity for him to assume the new role and try to design his own offense over the next 2 weeks. I'm not super high on him right now given he's the QB coach and our QB play has been uninspiring to say the least, but I'm more than happy to give him a shot. Couldn't be much worse than what we've seen from Brady most of his tenure.

Edited by Peon Awesome
Addendum
  • Beer 2

A lot of people have posed the question "why would these guys want to come here", and it's a valid one.

The answer in several cases would be "unemployment". 

I looked primarily at staffs that are set to be fired. Mind you, they could have other opportunities but that would depend on who gets the other head coaching jobs. New head coaches tend to prefer their own guys.

Still, the question is one reason why I left some guys off. Mike Kafka, for example, is a guy who's on the rise and is actually not under contract for next season. The question though is would he really want to go from coaching Patrick Mahomes under Andy Reid to coaching the Panthers quarterback stable under Matt Rhule.

Would you?

Throw in that if Eric Bieniemy does get a head coaching job this time around, Kafka likely gets promoted to his old job as Chiefs OC.

Edited by Mr. Scot

What's most depressing about an exercise like this is looking at the differences between who we potentially could  get and who we probably would get.

Could get: Pederson, Lazor, Olson
Would probably get: Ryan or Nixon

Could get: Castillo, Munchak or Cable
Would probably get: Sparano or maybe Flaherty

Could get: Barone or Kitchens
Would probably get: Gilbride

Could get: Bisaccia
Would probably get: Foley or perhaps keep Blackburn

25 minutes ago, Icege said:

My thoughts from a previous thread regarding potential coaches being "replaced from within":

For my part, I agree any replacements that do wind up being made will probably come from our own staff.

That's just Rhule.

Edited by Mr. Scot

35 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

For my part, I agree any replacements that do wind up being made will probably come from our own staff.

That's just Rhule.

More or less my sentiments.

There are non-Rhule guys that have Rhule guys waiting in the wings behind them.

The QB + OC pools for next reason are leaving a lot to be desired for next season... The only OC coach that didn't make me wretch was Pederson.