• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coaching Candidate #1A

rippadonn

Yeah or Nope  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who's with it? Who's not?

• Yes
    • No

24 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im still ready to give Rhule his 3rd year. 5 wins first year(during coofus BS) and should win more this year. 

Tho if hes canned, give Finesser and Dan Morgan the opportunity to hire their first coach. 

Think he wins 6 this year.  And they added a 17th game.  So I don’t consider that improvement. 

Especially given the clusterfug of the QB position.  Trading away our draft picks.   And lack of actual direction and hope.  2 years in and this team literally has zero identity or direction on offense.   

25 minutes ago, CRA said:

Think he wins 6 this year.  And they added a 17th game.  So I don’t consider that improvement. 

Especially given the clusterfug of the QB position.  Trading away our draft picks.   And lack of actual direction and hope.  2 years in and this team literally has zero identity or direction on offense.   

I had them at 2-14 last year, 5-11 was a big shock. With 11 Ls, eight of them were within one scores. Fought waaaaay above their weight class and were in it til the 12th round. That gave some false hope about this year, still got 5 wins at week 10 (which is a match for the overachievment 2020 season). 17th game does give another chance to increase the win total, but the same gos for losing total too. Plus if the team is sucking(they are), should be losing that extra game. 

Team is better than the 2019 off-season team and by seasons end should show win progression (above one win, i bet/hope..)

Edited by Basbear

Jim Harbaugh would be my first call but no way he leaves Michigan! With this college coaching craziness this year when you think a coach is in a good spot and you assume he's not going anywhere bam there gone Lincoln Riley USC, Brian Kelly LSU, Mario Cristobal Miami!

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, CRA said:

Pretty big red flag that a team got that from him and kicked him to the curb.  

That was infamous dipshit and moron Jed York's doing. 

Harbaugh is a jerkoff but he would have us winning and probably quickly.  Who knows, a second stint in the NFL might be better than the first.  Buuuut yeah he's not leaving Michigan to come here of all franchises.

• Pie 1

17 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just don't think his personality and coaching style work long-term with pro athlete grown men and I think he probably realizes that himself. He's better suited for the college game with younger guys.

tbh, i don't really care about long term. if he can get us a ring i don't care how long he's here.

18 minutes ago, rayzor said:

tbh, i don't really care about long term. if he can get us a ring i don't care how long he's here.

Personally I’d rather heavily invest in the OL and get Tomlin for 2 years if Pittsburg cuts ties. Draft a QB to sit behind Cam for those years. 

That’s our best hope at a ring of the possible available candidates I believe. 

Edited by Harbingers

4 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Personally I’d rather heavily invest in the OL and get Tomlin for 2 years if Pittsburg cuts ties. Draft a QB to sit behind Cam for those years. 

That’s our best hope at a ring of the possible available candidates I believe. 

going all out on OL this offseason should be the #1 priority no matter who is coach.

i wouldn't have a problem with tomlin at all. i just want a hard-nosed guy that just gets the job done and has proven to get the job done at a high level. i don't actually care if he's been a HC before, but considering the mess we have it might be good to have some experience doing the job.

• Pie 1

Just now, rayzor said:

going all out on OL this offseason should be the #1 priority no matter who is coach.

i wouldn't have a problem with tomlin at all. i just want a hard-nosed guy that just gets the job done and has proven to get the job done at a high level. i don't actually care if he's been a HC before, but considering the mess we have it might be good to have some experience doing the job.

My sentiments exactly. We need to give Tepper time to find his own groove. Learn to use the right professional consultants, who will buck him if they think he’s wrong. Unlike Hurney. Tepper wasn’t my personal choice for owner but now that he’s here I’d really like to see him succeed and to do that he needs true industry vets advising him. 

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I do.

I want a guy who can keep us competitive on an annual basis, not just a flash in the pan followed by years of mediocrity.

That's the ideal. The other is an easier and more realistic option. considering the poo that we've had to deal with for so long, I'll take it and grin. 

I want to get a ring before ATL and before the saints get another and I'll take whatever we can get to make that happen.

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

That's the ideal. The other is an easier and more realistic option. considering the poo that we've had to deal with for so long, I'll take it and grin. 

I want to get a ring before ATL and before the saints get another and I'll take whatever we can get to make that happen.

I can understand that.

I just can't agree with it.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I can understand that.

I just can't agree with it.

We're getting older. I think I've only got another 20 years of knowing what day it is. I'd like for us to get at least one ring before I stop being able to tell a hummingbird from a popsicle. 

We haven't even had back to back winning seasons in 25 or whatever many years it's been. Asking for a coach that can make us long term consistent winners might be a bit too much to ask for.

One ring followed by mediocrity or consistent winners who always have a chance but never quite get there. Which would you choose if you can't have both?