• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting nugget from Rhule’s Brady presser

CRA

6 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

I wonder about a few things.. 

So Rhule was brought in to be a team builder. The thought always was that this was going to take a few seasons. I was cool with that. Lets do this right.

But suddenly the narrative was 'we are ready to win now'. No we weren't.

So why did the message change? 

Unfortunately the only thing I can think of is Tepper..... 

“Program builder” is all well and good when you are coaching at a college FB job like ECU, duke, Temple, or Fresno State - but we ain’t got time for this patience bullshit In the pros. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Fedora had no desire to recruit or play defense. He just expected his offense to outscore everyone anyway.

Yep and that was painfully obvious. That insane rant he went on at ACC media day about how people are trying to “take football away from us” or whatever batshit diatribe he was talking about and of course him bringing in that Illinois coach as a “consultant” who was let go for abusing players while reporters were basically living in chapel hill kicking their chops for NCAA sanctions …I mean read the room dude

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Fitts and Rhule really started talking big when we started off 3-0. 

Unfortunately, both of Rhule's seasons started with promise before unraveling badly. This one even worse than last one. What we expected was a couple of struggle seasons while showing progress. What we've actually gotten is a couple of flailing seasons showing regression.

what also scares me from the pressure is that he allowed Brady to determine when he wanted to come into the office. This to me, along with how Brady seemed to pick his QB's shows, and we can see now how much that cost us.

The other SHOCKER to me what when asked why he hired Brady to begin with Rhule basicially said he wanted to try something different.

Rhule rolled the dice with this franchise. He delegated away the most important decisions to a 33 year old and that will fug us and cost him his NFL career. 🤦‍♀️

• Beer 1

Just now, electro's horse said:

Seifert just straight didn't give a poo, got rid of his best qb after 2000, and completely checked out after the redskins game. 

Shoulda kept Beurelien too, but he had to put his stamp on the franchise with one of his guys...Jeff Lewis, lol!   What a joke!

• Beer 2

Seifert was worse…for a lot of reasons. On topic, Nixon just has the label but he is not solely calling plays. This team has absolutely zero offensive direction. But how good could it be with no #1 WR, injured best offensive player, zero oline and shitty QB play.

That said if Rhule is here next year he needs to wise up and Tepper needs to pay good money for a solid, experienced OC.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

So Rhule was brought in to be a team builder. The thought always was that this was going to take a few seasons. I was cool with that. Lets do this right.

But suddenly the narrative was 'we are ready to win now'.

This.  

Initially, I was prepared to let the process play out over the course of several seasons (3) based on Rhule's speech of building from the ground up.

It was only after Rhule's failed QB roulette, misguided talk of playoffs and an historically anemic offense that my patience began to run out.  The collapse of the Panthers run defense and his Jack of All Trades approach to roster building were the final nails in his coffin.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Seifert was worse…for a lot of reasons. On topic, Nixon just has the label but he is not solely calling plays. This team has absolutely zero offensive direction. But how good could it be with no #1 WR, injured best offensive player, zero oline and shitty QB play.

That said if Rhule is here next year he needs to wise up and Tepper needs to pay good money for a solid, experienced OC.

They paid Brady a poo ton of money. It's not like we settled for Joe Brady. This OL is the OL Rhule and company wanted. We paid Erving and Eflein decent money despite them not being very good... or very reliably healthy. The stats that Moore has put up with the QB play he's had is borderline Herculean. If we let him walk, expect him to become a household name elsewhere.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

“Program builder” is all well and good when you are coaching at a college FB job like ECU, duke, Temple, or Fresno State - but we ain’t got time for this patience bullshit In the pros. 

Its just a different situation entirely.  It genuinely takes time to build programs in college because of the have and have nots of recruiting.  In the NFL, you can build a winner from almost any situation in 2 seasons.  Or at least be on the right track.  This is because of the salary cap and most teams being relatively even in resources.

• Beer 3

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They paid Brady a poo ton of money. It's not like we settled for Joe Brady. This OL is the OL Rhule and company wanted. We paid Erving and Eflein decent money despite them not being very good... or very reliably healthy. The stats that Moore has put up with the QB play he's had is borderline Herculean. If we let him walk, expect him to become a household name elsewhere.

Don’t know. I have my suspicions Moore will lose motivation after being paid. I see no fight in him. But maybe he’s just being smart in a contract year. Everyone saw it before though, and called him out for it. We’ll see.

As far as Rhule, I’m not making any argument to keep him. I would rather move on. But if he stays and is to have any chance of success he will need an experienced OC. If he stays, Nixon being named OC for next year should NOT happen.

26 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

He did have that one year where UNC got blatantly screwed by the officials against Clemson in Charlotte. The refs should have been investigated and promptly fired. Wonder how things work out if Carolina wasn’t cheated out of that championship. 

Cheated? 

image.gif.1cd3b60532e7c52c4a650a3b88531bff.gif

• Pie 1