• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer

LinvilleGorge

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

This has proven to be a pathetic draft class for us. 

-Jaycee Horn looked great those first games. So did the rest of the team. Injury took him out. We never got to see him against actual competition.

-Terrace Marshall, Jr. Had some injury time off, but was basically outperformed on the field by Zylstra. The guy is like our #5 receiver on the field.

-Brady Christensen Apparently a third stringer since he only sees the field after numerous injuries and is rarely in his normal LT position (even when there's a need).

-Chuba Hubbard: Good back-up to CMC, which is a necessity. Has hands of stone, though. Stick 'em is outlawed, so what are we gonna do? Thank goodness for Abdullah being available, huh?

Daviyon Nixon: He's been on the field. Not much of a run stopper. Not much of a pass rusher. Might be able to spell some other players in rotation.

Keith Taylor: Well, there's a CB, again. We have like 19 of them or something. 

Deonte Brown: Went to IR for weight issues I guess. Plays on national championship team as a starter. Never sees a regular season snap on a line in desperate need of players.

Shi Smith: Training camp hero, scrappy underdog. Couldn't pick him out of a lineup if asked, where is he? I've seen the redheaded trainer on the field more than him this year.

Thomas Fletcher: We drafted a long snapper, then Nancy Kerriganed him to send him to the IR because we thought 84-year old JJ Jansen was a better choice (okay, JJ rocks, but still).

Phil Hoskins: He saw the field, I know he did, right. Made a bit of an impact, showed some promise. Did he go to IR or did he just get benched for another Temple dude?

Ad we've traded away our second and third round draft picks next year for Sam Darnold and CJ Henderson. Those haven't aged well.

you are judging our rookie class 4/5 into their rookie season. Here is my rebuttal:

Jaycee Horn : his injury is no reason to call him "pathetic"
Terrace Marshall Jr: His growth has been stumped by the obvious.. too early to judge
Chuba: Has played very well as a rookie in this league 
Daiyon Nixon: He was balling before his week 8 knee injury that ended his season... so not sure what you mean "he's been on the field"
Keith Taylor: Depth who has proven he can start
Deonte Brown: ghost player.
Shi Smith: Doesnt have a spot on game day and was a 6th round pick.
Thomas Fletcher: Not a fan of the move
Phil Hoskins: He is a space eater and played well two weeks ago. 7th round pick...

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Man, I hate to be the one to break it to you but I think most of this forum sees you as a barometer. If you come in agreeing, it gives people pause and leaves them wondering if they're falling into a trap of dumbassery.

Yeah that's the pot calling the kettle black. 

I still want the guy from the 49ers that walked away from the human centipede that is the Panthers organization currently. That is a smart guy, not the lackie of a failed NFL coach. 

The idea that Rhule is the only problem is the same failure that led this staff to believe they were going to do a 5 year plan. It's just not grounded in reality and becomes instant BS. 

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If a guy is taking a job as a GM while deferring final say to a guy coming from Temple and Baylor, he ain't worth hiring. A good candidate isn't taking that deal.

It's the same as the environment he came from in Seattle. And with that team, it worked.

I'd ask you these questions:

Do you really want to...

1) Replace both a coach and GM in the same offseason?

2) Leave that kind of full rebuild in the hands of David Tepper?

That's who's going to be picking both our next coach and our next GM if we don't keep Fitterer around.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

It's the same as the environment he came from.

I'd throw in these questions:

Do you really want to...

1) Replace both a coach and GM in the same offseason

That's who's going to be picking both our next coach and our next GM if we don't keep Fitterer around.

Carroll is a proven NFL coach though. Big difference.

1. Yes. If I didn't want this guy having full control, why do I want Rhule's babysitter and paper pusher sticking around?

2. It is anyway. Sadly.

• Flames 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Man, I hate to be the one to break it to you but I think most of this forum sees you as a barometer. If you come in agreeing, it gives people pause and leaves them wondering if they're falling into a trap of dumbassery.

I would pay him just to go to Vegas with me so i could bet against every word he said? 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's the same as the environment he came from.

I'd throw in these questions:

Do you really want to...

1) Replace both a coach and GM in the same offseason

1) If there is any mercy in the universe, yes. That is how we ended up here in the 1st damn place, clean the shithouse.

2) Why not, version one has already imploded. At least the next one would be different than the last, which was Hurney level.