• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Florio & Rich Eisen discuss Rhule & Tepper

BlitzMonster

23 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Firing rhule after 2 years is the exact opposite of what he learned and saw up in pittsburgh.  I think Rhule gets one more year to show significant progress.

Which makes me think he will go qb in the top 10 out of desperation further sinking this poo franchise.  Our only hope is that Tepper strips him of power and let Fitt run the show.   But even then that doesnt give me any warm and fuzzies seeing how fuged the seahawks are now particularly their oline

The key difference is that the Steelers tend to actually make the right decision to start with. 

• Pie 5

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Im still in the 3rd year camp.....but he must have them firmly in the playoff race until week 18. If not, get rid of him.

I dont see how, unless the NFC south became 100% trash(brady finally leaves, ryan is traded, siants cap issues etc, etc)

Rhule has little to nothing at QB, a rookie is not taking this young group to the playoffs. OL looks like its another 3 years away form being decent(elf has been looking "ok" at C). CMC can not be the center of the whole plan while he gos on IR for the 18th time. Still need something form the TEs. Besides shaq group needs 5 new players.

Honestly DL needs talent as well. Brown, whom I had as a breakout player has played flat the whole year. Reddick and Burns are 225 LBs pass rushers whom have issues in run defensive. 

I have them at 6.7% chance to make the 2022 playoffs, Tepper better start right looking for 2023 HC, putting whispers out in coaching world. 

So you think Rhule should be given another year with expectations that you admit would be difficult at very best to pull off? Why not just go ahead and fire him now then? 

• Pie 4

31 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Firing rhule after 2 years is the exact opposite of what he learned and saw up in pittsburgh.  I think Rhule gets one more year to show significant progress.

Anything is possible, but I have one question for you...

When was the last time the Pittsburg Steelers hired a head coach that didn't start off with a winning season and didn't have an overall winning record?

Answer: 1966

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 4

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah see how many fans were left in the 4th quarter on Sunday? Empty seats aren't buying $12 beers. Tepper probably already has the numbers to know how many games with a full stadium/winning team will cover Rhules $50m

I saw a pic somewhere(reddit maybe), 3 minutes leftd and maaaayyyybbbee 15% were still there. Facts are many other teams have that same problem- loins,jags,jets,wfts just to name a few. I doubt by seasons end the panthers would be last, even if it feels like it. 

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah see how many fans were left in the 4th quarter on Sunday? Empty seats aren't buying $12 beers. Tepper probably already has the numbers to know how many games with a full stadium/winning team will cover Rhules $50m

I didn’t see. I did see some pictures Of the stands during the game and it wasn’t a sellout  not even close to one. 

I do know listening to the Eagles and Pats game on the TV it sure as hell sounded like an away game for us. There was a louder cheer for when Darnold threw an interception than when he did something good. Embarrassing to have a home field overrun like that. It will only continue unless changes are made. 

• Beer 1

45 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Rhule's appears to prefer to keep the same close cadre of support personnel with him wherever he goes.

I suspect he doesn't like outsiders or newcomers and that Hurney was gonna be forced out at the first opportunity Rhule had.

If I had to guess, Rhule doesn't like the idea that anyone in an organization knows more than he does.

And yeah, I'm talking about Marty Hurney.

I’m all fine with coaches working within their tree. It’s only natural. But I think you are right, Rhule and Hurney were both gonna claim to be top dog. That doesn’t work with Rhules style and Tepper was still supporting at that point. 

Now we are to the point where something is going to have to break with the coaching staff. And Rhule isn’t going to put his guys on the chopping block. 

Tepper has to bring in a director of football operations/team president with complete control as the only way Rhule sticks around and sorry no, this football(soccer guy) isn’t it. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, BlitzMonster said:

interesting observations on Tepper and how he makes decisions - basically cut bait immediately when success isn't seen

Mike Florio interview

Complete bullshit. That might be what he does with real business, but in the NFL the owner is going to make millions no matter how bad the team is. Nobody buys an NFL franchise to win, they do it to make money and if they strike gold with a winner that's just gravy.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I didn’t see. I did see some pictures Of the stands during the game and it wasn’t a sellout  not even close to one. 

I do know listening to the Eagles and Pats game on the TV it sure as hell sounded like an away game for us. There was a louder cheer for when Darnold threw an interception than when he did something good. Embarrassing to have a home field overrun like that. It will only continue unless changes are made. 

Watching Eagles fans take over those stupid field level suites was hard to watch. Like a dozen people just sitting there in front of a football field eating pancakes like they're sitting at home

3 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

Issues in run defense is saying it lightly 

Every team we play runs right at burns almost every play

id trade him right now if we could get a 2nd rounder for him

I think his role needs changing. The only recent player I know that can hold the edge against 330 LB man-beast at 230 LBs is Von Miller(hes old). giving up 80-100 LB is a near impossible task to overcome. Honestly need YGM to step his game up and be the edge with either reddick/burns on his outside shoulder. Another issue is hes had 3 years to add weight and done nothing. So hes a hybrid LB in my eyes. Only team I see him fitting is the Pats...